1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Tech' started by joker6801, Jun 18, 2010.

1. joker6801

joker6801 Active Member

ok i bought a 2005 gsxr 600 drove it to emissions and then home went to ride next day and fuel pump wouldnt prime hit it and then it primed and started once for bout 5 minutes then killed over thought it was the pump so i just bought another one and put it in today and still same thing it wont prime it has a new battery in it and ive checked all the fuses and the relay and they all seem good ive also tested the wires where the pump plugs and its getting power but pump still wont prime the engine does turn over and the guages and lightS work some one plz HELP!

Attached Files:

2. gixxersmitty

gixxersmitty Well-Known Member

Check the lines under the tank to make sure they arent pinched. Could also be the clutch switch or the kickstand switch.

Also, please use a little punctuation. That run on paragraph is a little hard to read at 3am. :D

3. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

you hit it? with what?

4. paintedblue

paintedblue in motion...

5. slower than u

slower than u Well-Known Member

also check your fuel filter - long shot, but, might be clogged .

6. joker6801

joker6801 Active Member

with a hammer lol like a starter on an old car but ive put a new pump in now and checked the lines and they are claer and un pinched gonnna try a new relay today

7. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Is there a fine for using punctuation were you are?

8. LWGP

LWGP Well-Known Member

my RC51 had this problem, except it was intermittent. I traced it to intermittent contact between the rear wiring harness and the ECU. An ebay rear wiring harness fixed the problem, of course not before I had bought a new fuel pump and another ECU.

9. russomf

russomf Well-Known Member

do you hear the pump running at all? I am always used to trying the simple shit first did you check the kill switch to make sure it works properly. sounds stupid but all you symptoms sound like a safety switch is preventing the bike from running. kill switch, side stand switch, tip over switch (if you had the tank off coudl be the culprit) check you safety circuit switches to see if the bike will atleast try to turn over.

10. joker6801

joker6801 Active Member

yeah i just bought a pump and put it in and it does the same thing i just got a new fuel pump relay today and still nothing and it does try to turn over its just not getting fuel the gauges turn on and the tac does its thing just no priming of the pump and i did have the tank off the only relay i can find is the fuel pump one dont know where the rest are
    (and sorry for punctuation it just doesnt really matter to lol)

11. joker6801

joker6801 Active Member

and no the pump wont run at all but bike doesn try to turn over

12. joker6801

joker6801 Active Member

im sorry bike does try to turn over

13. jmk1223

jmk1223 Well-Known Member

Well i would suggest pulling the tank and running power cables from the battery to the corresponding terminals that operate the actually pumping mechanism. This will let you know if the pump is actually working and you can go from there.

But since you were swinging a hammer around under the tank I would really check the wiring first to make sure no wires are pulled out or making a bad connection.

14. joker6801

joker6801 Active Member

well thats the thing i've replaced the pump and ive tested it already to a battery and it turns on, but when i plug it into the wiring harness it wont turn on. ive also replaced the fuel pump relay with new oem relay and ive charged the battery even though its new just in case this really has me stumped. ive tested the wires from the harnes where the pump plugs in and they are getting power but its like its not grounded or something, but everything else on the bike is working fine it even turns over. its just weird how i was able to ride it home and then the next morning it wouldnt start.

15. joker6801

joker6801 Active Member

does anyone have a wiring diagram for a 2005 gsxr 600? i cant find one

16. afm199

afm199 Well-Known Member

Try putting the bike in neutral and leave it then get the manual and start the motor and then open the manual to the first page and look at the index while the bike is running when it stops remember the manual page you are on and move to the next one until you come to the index chekc the bike to be sure it's not running now after it quit and turn another page on the manual and then chek the written instructions then check the bike again and continue doing this until you find the written instructions that will help remember to take the bike off the center stand but not when it is running after you fixed the problem with the manual open the weather may affect this as well if it is raining the water will wet the manual and things will be harder to read so do it inside preferably with AC if it is hot.

Not that the manual is written in "sentences". You can tell a "sentence" because it begins with a word that has a "capital letter" like this: "A". The sentence also ends with the thing called a "period" and it looks like this:".".

17. joker6801

joker6801 Active Member

ok bike is runnin now found the fuel kill relay was installed upside down by previous owner. i removed it put it right side up and super glued the little toggle inside so it wouldnt move and shut it off again, i also had to jump the pump with another battery to get it goin and now it works fine thanks for all your replys i can finally ride!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. gixxersmitty

gixxersmitty Well-Known Member

You can tell that your blood pressure went down a bit. I saw some punctuation in that last post. :D

19. joker6801

joker6801 Active Member

lol yeah, felt alot better after getting it to run!