1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BP Scammers Lining Up at the Trough.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Britt, Jun 13, 2010.

1. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Of course this years receipts would probably be as good or better than last years. This suck ass economy isn't a new thing.

2. LabRat

LabRat Well-Known Member

So I wonder how many people will double/triple dip? BP money, unemployment, 'real job'?

3. WYD OPN

WYD OPN Well-Known Member

This is almost assuredly going to happen. BP will ultimately have to abandon all good will and play the FU card. Sad.

4. WYD OPN

Fair enough. But who's gonna come up with the year-to-date differential formulation for compensation in each "affected" industry? Does EVERY retail business get to claim a loss? Convenience stores? Clothing stores? Tourism is a broad brush stroke.

This will hasten the BP FU backlash.

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Ya know I don't care about scammers, don't care about the media, don't care who's ass needs kicking. Plug the damn leak and clean it up.

6. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

:D

It's in the mail. :up:

7. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

The media hype started out at full throttle on the leak because the leak wasn't anything as bad as the media made it out to be. Now that there's enough oil to start mattering, the media is beginning to get soft on the story.

We're already in a slowdown with the media hype on the oil spill. It's getting to be old news. In fact, the big story of the last two days is all about one of the NFL players caught up in a brawl in a strip club in Dallas. He was given a ticket (misdemeanor offense) for fighting, and the media is going apeshit over it. With every one hour news cast, they come back to the story 2 or 3 times. Some guy gave the downward facing "hook em horns" signal and the player took offense to it.

As our friend Bill Shakespeare said, "much ado about nothing.":up:

8. cajunZX6

cajunZX6 Well-Known Member

ECONOMICS

– Nearly 42,000 claims have been submitted and more than 20,000 payments made, totaling more than $53 million, BP says.

53,000000 / 20,000= 2650 dollars I have no clue what type of payments CNN was reporting but last time I checked you're not going to retire off that amount.

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Payments is not the same as settlement. Some may have just been initial emergency installments while the attorneys argue over the final amount. Just sayin'.

10. cajunZX6

in that same token (settlement) do you think that lawyers will drag this out for years and tie up in litigation and never pay a red cent?

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I think attorneys on both sides will walk away in much better financial condition than anyone else.

12. Strick

Strick Good to be king

I would say it seems based on your first post that they are indeed getting paid. Using a average figure is not that realistic either unless you honestly think every claim is getting paid the same amount.;)

13. cajunZX6

it's Bush's fault

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

f@ck yeah, I'm getting my S5! Pay me, I can't spell Golf Coast but I'm owed. Pay me what I'm owed!

15. vance

vance *

And you shouldn't be able to. There's no guarantee any of these people were going to stay in business until retirement.
    Actually, the wife and I are looking to move to Naples, so if we decide not to, we should be compensated for all future lost wages up until we retire....:rolleyes:

The whole truth:up:

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Please sir, if you will be so kind, we can double your award. We will issue a cashiers check for treble the amount.... all we ask is for you to please deposit the check and send to us the original settlement.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2010
  17. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

All good questions. I doubt it will ever be a very accurate number. Probably take years to argue it.

Takes time to unfuck someone. :D

18. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Wait til big tittie Brokovic gets ahold of them. :D

19. WYD OPN

There's that procedure where they attach a sheep's hymen to "restore" a woman's virginity...
    :wow:

20. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Okay, I once knew someone who had relative on the Gulf coast that visited there a decade or so ago, so I wants to get paid!