1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cooling fan?

Discussion in 'General' started by joker6801, Jun 10, 2010.

1. joker6801

joker6801 Active Member

ok i have a 2005 gsxr 600 that the cooloing fan doesnt turn on the temp reads 220 when sitting at a light and i was wondering wut temp should the fan kick on at and wut should the temp stay around? and where would i find the cooling fan relay?

2. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Are you texting this?

3. joker6801

joker6801 Active Member

texting?

4. gixxersmitty

gixxersmitty Well-Known Member

You missed a period or two in your first post. That's worse than nails on a chalkboard to some around here. :D

The fan should kick on in the mid 220s. I had an 01 that did it at 226. My 06 kicked on the other day at 222. Go figure.

5. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

6. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

what do you need a fan for on the track? :p

7. equipt31

equipt31 Well-Known Member

the fan on my 600 usually kicks in around 220 and stays around there if im not moving.

8. joker6801

joker6801 Active Member

oh ok . well thanks for the replys, i guess ill just have to check the fan to see if its any good because it got up to just bout 230 i tested the wires goin to it and they were getting power so the only other thing i can think is that the fan is out.
    thanks again!

9. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

My 08 has been up to 232 at the track and never kicked on. Made me wonder as well.

As for fans on a track bike, I used to remove all of mine, but considering they weigh less than 1 pound, it's worth it when racing in the south.

10. LordMDP

LordMDP ... ... ... ....

216-218

Fan stopped working on my 04 750' a while ago--wires are getting power--and tried to hook up a different fan --but still not working--anyone have any ideas?

11. joker6801

joker6801 Active Member

hmm... yeah thats the same problem as mine i tested wires and they get power but when hooking fan up it still wont turn on, gonna try to do just a straight power to the fan i guess to see if that works for now . any ideas wut may be causing it to not turn on?

12. joker6801

joker6801 Active Member

its weird i replaced the fuel pump relay and fan works now stays right around 219. thanks for replys