iPhone 3GS

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, May 23, 2010.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Okay drinkers of the apple kool aide who have the 3GS, is it that much better than the 3G? The battery in my 3G is shitting the bed quicker and it's almost time for new iphone, is the 3GS worth the extra $$$$?

If you switch to the 3GS, does your AT&T plan change (i.e. get more expensive)? I don't want to hear about jailbreakering the phone or the rest of that crap, all I care about is the AT&T plan.

Thanks!

2. dryheat

dryheat Well-Known Member

I've got the 3G, wife has the 3GS. GS is faster and has some other features, but I'd wait. Apple is about to release their new iPhone at WWDC June 7th. Rumored to be available that day, unlike years past.

AT&T plan doesn't change. It depends when you bought the phone though and whether you get a subsidy or not on the new one.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

If the new phone is the iphone mini, I'll pass.

Thanks! I get the subsidy so it's $99 for the 8GB 3G or $199 for the 16GB/ $299 32GB.

4. Daekwan

Daekwan Ant Gobert's fav. rider..

Dave wait 2 weeks.. the iPhone4G will be announced at WWDC on June 7th.

Might be as cheap as $199

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Cool. I'm in no real rush.

6. G8rDuc

G8rDuc N00B

Dave, let me know what you're planning on doing with your old 3G.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Keeping it and eventually getting the battery replaced, Or maybe I'll wack on it with a hammer, who knows. No point in selling it.

8. chickenpants

chickenpants Well-Known Member

If you extend your contract be aware of the increase in early termination fee
    http://tiny.cc/rvkxb

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If nothing else, once the 4 is out the 3gs will drop in price.

10. dryheat

dryheat Well-Known Member

Yup... it most likely will end up as the $99 option.

Dave-
    As for the 3G and selling it, it'll always have resale value. I know a lot of developers that will buy it so they have different hardware to test on.

11. N23

N23 Active Member

The biggest upsides with the 3GS is the speed and battery life.
    But as mentioned I would just wait for their next announcement.

Who knows, you might just stumble onto one of their development phones that have been popping up all over the world in bars.