1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's your dog afraid of?

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, May 10, 2010.

1. f4capt

f4capt Zoinks!

Maybe Chuck Norris....but I haven't seen him. My German Shepherd may have eaten him.

2. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

I think that's just dogs in general. When we walk ours, he perks up when he hears another dog, then if he can't see it, he gets nervous and has his tail down and tries to hide behind us. If he can see the dog, even if it's threatening to eat him (last winter a Rottie nearly jumped out of the back of a truck when it drove by us), he gets all worked up and wants to go play...or be eaten.

3. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

I think labs are just born with the staring Jedi mind trick thing built in. :D

4. Arai26

Arai26 Trackdays, here I come!

My yellow lab is afraid of plastic bags... whenever I change the garbage bag, she scoots out the room in a hurry with her head low and tail between the legs..

My choc. lab is afraid of lightning, she pants like crazy and is very restless, moves around to a diff spot every 30 sec.. crazy!

5. FatFarthing

FatFarthing Guest

i have a 70lb german shephard (named Rossi) that strikes fear in anyone that walks by...you know the kind....pouncing at the fence....stomping the ground....etc.

if only they knew she hits the deck and scurries into the bathtub at the first roll of thunder. normally she's extremely obedient, too...i can get her to stop in the middle of a top speed death run toward the neighbors kitty, but if she's in the bathtub....nothing can get her out short of wrestling her whining, tail tucked, head slunk, pitiful body out of the tub.

she hates water from the hose. will attack it mercilessly and bite it until i finally give in...she never gives up that fight.

and she does the crazy vacuum cleaner dance too. attacks...but is not sure...so quickly retreats....attacks......retreats. (to save my mancard...my wife told me about that one)

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2010
  6. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

My 15 year old dog Sasha that we had to put to sleep a couple weeks ago was afriad of everything, storms, people, a door moving. When she went deaf it was just the lightening and the doors moving.

Canon on the other hand will sit outside in the middle of a storm, nothing bothers that dog except for one thing. Sneezing. When someone sneezes, he freaks out. Could it be because I got him from Stickboy?

7. GoodKnight

GoodKnight Well-Known Member

My border collie mix used to get into fights with garbage cans all the time.

8. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Bronte loves going to the vet. She's a really sweet dog and ready with the kisses, so the vets give her lots of treats. :D

If you ever visit the shop, be ready to give her lots of attention. She's got the humans trained in under 45 seconds. Pet her on the head for a bit, then stop, she barks her high pitched annoying bark, so the humans will start petting her again. Rinse, repeat. :D

If you ignore her altogether, she'll go lay down and be quiet until you leave. There's a trigger in my tone of voice or a phrase, so she knows you're leaving. She will then bark you out the door.

Dogs are amazing.

9. Spyderchick

Who won?

10. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

My Border Collie is afraid of slick flooring. He gets going about 100 miles an hour and then busts his ass sliding into the wall. Now he won't even go in our hallway that has Pergo.

11. Captain Squid

Captain Squid Well-Known Member

:stupid:

Oh, and mine (2 black labs) were pretty scared of the big black bear that was 30' from the house 2 nights ago :crackup:

12. Captain Squid

Captain Squid Well-Known Member

Oh, and how could I forget about couch pillows :crackup: Our male is terrified of couch pillows, picking one up sends him running into the other room and he throws his head back howling and talking, he thinks you are playing with him. He's gotta be mixed with a little hound :crackup:

13. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

My American Bulldog is afraid of baloons, thunder and fireworks. She freaks the fuck out. lol

14. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Thunder, I have $500 worth of broken blinds to prove it :D

15. pmoravek

pmoravek Well-Known Member

My dog is currently (as in right now, as we speak...er, type)
    freaking out at some weights wrapped in paper.

Don't now why...but he is loosing his damned mind.

16. 03silvr6

03silvr6 Well-Known Member

i have a pit and he isn't really afraid of anything. He just doesn't like ballon's and barks to no end, and he bites at the vaccume.

17. Spyderchick

Pussies. :D

18. My Standard poodle is deathly afraid of thunderstorms. When they start rumbling, she goes over to the front or kitchen door and raises one paw up and unlatches the door (lever) and comes in to hide. Of course, then the other 3 dogs come in too. Nothing like the slow click click click of toenails on the wood floor at 3AM to startle you out of bed with the gun. Guess it beats a cold wet nose in the face...

19. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Our 90lb Golden retriever mix is scared of the laundry basket the vaccum cleaner bike stands the tire that keeps chasing him(he is chained to a rear tire at the shop to slow him down and keep him from staying too far) and blankets. Most of it is due to Kris taunting him when he was a pup.

20. BigBird

BigBird blah

my Pomeranian, pretty large for his kind at 18lbs, hates rain, will not go out for a walk in the heavy stuff, hates/barks at most people and other dogs, and barks at shadows. cries anytime the vacuum moves, on or off, and can be in a different room and can't see it, but he will cry for it.

oh and he hates taking a bath and getting a hair cut.

and he doesn't play fetch. he plays, throw the ball and its his from now on. human don't touch it again or i'll bite.