Liquid filled tire gauge

Discussion in 'Tech' started by stymie12000, Dec 25, 2007.

1. rotatingmass

rotatingmass Member

The liquid filled gauges are sealed and each time you use them you have to vent them just before you use them to compensate changes in barometric pressure and temperature changes (trapped air inside the gauge). Of course when you vent them if you are not careful the slippery glycerin, silicone oil or other non-aqueous liquid will get all over the place, a real faux pas in the pit area, like leaving safety-wire clippings on the ground.
    I was an Intercomp dealer 10 years ago and their stuff is top notch, especially their digital tire pressure gauges, but who wants to spend $300.
    The best bang for the buck is probably the Accu-Gage products. http://www.ghmeiser.com/dial.htm
    I have owned one for the past 5 years and when I check it against others it is always accurate. The bleed valve has stopped working so I need a new one. Will probably buy another one Accu-Gage or the Intercomp 360060, and pick up one of the Accutire MS-5510B digital gauge and try it. The only think I don't like about the Accutire is the air chuck. You have to hit the valve stem head on which isn't alway easy to do.

Last edited: May 4, 2010
  2. gluvnaa

gluvnaa Well-Known Member

Just ordered two Accutire MS-5510B gauges! The price @Amazon has gone up since last week - but thank you for the recommendation Jason!!

Andrew