1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Master grillers

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, May 1, 2010.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Oh yeah, the taste is worth the effort. I'll still use gas for most things but charcoal is the ticket.

2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I like cool shit, but $600+ for a grill is just stupid, well, unless of course it's made from fire bricks and has a built in pizza oven.

3. Maviryk

Maviryk Well-Known Member

I don't care what grill you're using, gas or electric, as long as you douse everything in a good layer of Sweet Baby Ray's.

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Amen to that. Seriously that thing is phenomenal.

5. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Actually it does have a stone you can get for it to do pizza on.

6. Inst Tech

Inst Tech ain't no half steppin

BGE, nothing else even comes close. :up:

This guy is sponsored by Weber and still uses one. He reminds me of the "happy little trees" painter guy though.

http://www.primalgrill.org/index.html

Last edited: May 2, 2010
  7. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

Got one of each, gas and weber, sitting side by side. Which one I use depends on how much time I have.

Or how cold it is--the Weber doesn't really cook well in the winter, and the gas grill still works with snow on the ground.

8. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Please don't insult Bob Ross again. Thank you.

9. 6_Myles

6_Myles Well-Known Member

Confirmed this evening for dinner, my $800 Ducane gas grill can't hold a candle to the grilling qualities of a BGE.

10. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

It's what isn't in it. There is no binder agent or filler material as you find n briquettes. Natural lump is just hardwood scraps that have been converted to char. Less ash when you use it, cleaner burn, and less worry about what other chemicals are being burned off.

And the BGE is the baddest grill. I can do everything from a 12 hour slow cook for barbecue up to tandoori chicken or use it as a 550 degree pizza oven.

11. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

in 25 years, how many cheap ass $200 grills would you have bought? The BGE will last 25 years and then some, and as those have already said, is hands down the best grill on the market.

If you do alot of grilling out (i personally dont, thats the ONLY reason i dont own one), the BGE will pay for itself over time, and the taste of the food cooked on one is so far superior than to ANY other grill, from day one you'll be glad you bought one. :up: