1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOT BODIES Customer Svc, WTF!

Discussion in 'General' started by cMac, Apr 29, 2010.

1. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

That can be a mistake. I ended up having to lower the back of my Sharkskinz a bit to clear the aftermarket exhaust on my 2003 R1. I guess I could have carved a small piece of the the bodywork and wrapped the pipe. The only place I have dragged the bodywork was at AB South on the big bumps and it just took a little paint off.

2. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

dont know about those compensate for a small weiner bikes but the HB RS125 stuff works great! Nice fit and finish.

3. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

HotBodies rulz!!

4. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

My set for my 09 1000 Fit like a charm... No cutting needed..... My question is how are you mounting them up? Your supposed to start by fitting the bellypan first then work your way up to the stay...

5. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

[​IMG]

6. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Why is that? I'm not trying to call you out, I've just never heard that. Is that model specific? Thanks.

7. Keep Up

Keep Up N 142

IMO

the best way to do bodywork, is to do the upper and lower OFF THE BIKE, before you even put it there. Make sure the lines between the upper and lower match perfect and go ahead and put your dzus in.

Then take them apart, put your upper on the fairing stay, drill those. Attach the lower back on with the dzus (which you already know are going to line up perfect since you did them first.

Then drill the rest of your holes.

This has worked best for any set I have done, and I have mounted 30+ sets of many different brands.

just my .02

so whether or not the rest fits, where they go together is lined up and makes the entire set look good.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
  8. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

:D:D:D

9. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I just got some brand new HB stuff for my 08 gsxr 750 and it too was complete and utter shit. It fits like a 3rd grader made it and makes cracking noises everytime you move it. I won't ever buy their shit again. The eracings stuff I bought from Keep Up a couple years ago was better. Plus I can't get any response from HB regarding contingency registration. I sent it in 3 weeks ago and after 2 follow up email still no response. For sure a quality company.

10. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I'm sure HB will be along shortly.

11. ThrottleAbuse

ThrottleAbuse Will Race for CASH!

Damn some things never change.

12. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

:stupid:

13. jLUND

jLUND Well-Known Member

Why is it that every time someone comes on this board to flame someone they completely throw any sense of grammar out the window. It makes it very hard to read and understand your posts, hence the confusion.

14. HotbodiesRacing

HotbodiesRacing Well-Known Member

facts...

cMac,
    First off, I'm sorry that you feel you received something that was not correct with the fitment.

I need to set some facts straight about your experience before I offer the solution:
    1. You did NOT buy this product direct from Hotbodies Racing, you bought from a dealer.
    2. You NEVER called our customer service dept, you called the dealer you bought it from.
    3. Hotbodies Racing did NOT charge you a restocking fee, the dealer you bought it from did.
    4. When you contacted the dealer, you told them the product did not fit and wanted it returned, they asked you for photos so that they could get us to help you resolve the issue with us and/or get you a RA# and a call tag. You didn't want to do this, you just wanted to return it and so thats why you paid shipping back to us. Again, we didn't ask or tell you to pay for shipping back to us, you made the decision to do so.
    5. When you spoke to the dealer, they say you failed to mention that you had drilled anything, even as far as to say you were asked and said no.

In the future, so you know, we do go out of our way to make sure every customer is happy if you bought it direct or from a dealer. If you had contacted us and sent us photos of the issues you were having, I'm 100% sure we could have either walked you through the issue you had, or seen it was our mistake and sent a call tag at our expense to replace the problematic part(s) or issue you a full refund.

All of that said, here's an offer that maybe you can't refuse that would resolve the issue. I will mount the set R6 BW you purchased and returned on a bike here in our shop, post photos to the forum (or report if there was a fitment issue with this particular set of BW) and then send it to you for the cost of shipping so you can mount to your bike and get your customer set up. The only catch is you HAVE to post a follow up review of what we send you mounted to the bike and report if it fits or not (and it does NOT fit with stock headers, so you'll have to replace the exhaust). So all in all you would be into this set of BW for less than 1/2 the retail price.

If your interested, email me at [email protected] and post your reply to the board.

15. Smalls

Smalls 2012 Blue...

Haha......and now the truth comes out.......:up:

16. Transelement

Transelement pro set miner

Wow. :wow: That's about as good as customer service gets, ever.

Good on you, Roger! :up:

17. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

As usual:up: Tdub

18. pjdoran

pjdoran Well-Known Member

:stupid: Awesome!

Hot Bodies just made the list for any future needs based on this professional response to an inflammatory situation.:up:

19. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

20. Dizzle

Dizzle Well-Known Member