1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many races/practice sessions are you getting per set. (Conti)

Discussion in 'General' started by royalgixxer, Apr 6, 2010.

1. royalgixxer

royalgixxer The Bodywork Guy

I will be trying out the Conti's at Nashville. I am curios about tire wear and how many practice sessions and races you are getting out of each set. I am on a gsxr 600.

2. The fronts last a long time. I am only getting 1 practice session and 1 sprint out of a rear before i soak it in oil.

3. royalgixxer

What bike are you running them on? That seems like very few laps. I know with stones I was running sat. sun. practice plus a sprint race before they started falling off. But I have not run the coni's yet, thats why I'm asking.

4. Matt H

Matt H ah, mi scusi

;)

5. RENCRN8

RENCRN8 Fornicate Sailor Jerry

You might want to specify what compounds you are running if you want a serious answer.

6. royalgixxer

Thought that was a givin. Ok so, not worried about front tire. On the rear, what are you getting. soft med endurance comp.

7. ryjor1

ryjor1 Well-Known Member

I did 3 sprint races with 2 2nds in the NOV C classes and a win in a B class on a med rear at Roebling and I still have plenty of tire to get me through 2 sprints at tally this weekend. They last much longer than the stones IMO

8. royalgixxer

I have the soft soft combo. was trying to find a conti vender to swap me for a med rear but no luck yet. Need the tires to last the weekend, practice plus solo and practice and a sprint on sun.

9. random hero

random hero Banned

out of curiosity how much do the conti's cost compared to stones/dunlops/michelins

10. royalgixxer

You will have to ask a vendor. Mine came at a special price for testing. I have been thinking about becoming a vendor. Lithium,Draginknee racing, they are vendors.

I do know they are cheaper in retail than those.

11. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

I was quoted $375 a set at VIR

12. royalgixxer

What size, slick or dot's

13. benprobst

benprobst Well-Known Member

Do yourself a favor and dont run anything with the word soft in it at nashville. And dont base any tire wear calculations for the year on that weekend.

14. 01bwbpr1

01bwbpr1 OUT

true dat.... nashville destroys tires

15. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

16. RENCRN8

RENCRN8 Fornicate Sailor Jerry

Tim Vosnick destroyed a soft in short order at Jennings while we were there testing the Conti's on our 675's. I would not consider running it for anything more than one race personally. I doubt it will last a weekend much less a Nashvegas. Run Med/Med is my recommendation.

17. royalgixxer

I talked with the Conti Vendor that will be at Nashville and I will be at least swapping out the rear for a med.

18. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

Good choice.
    I had a medium rear last me 2 trackdays and a couple of practice sessions on my 675 :up:
    I used a soft at Jennings for about 8 sessions in 38 degree weather and it was toast. It had awesome grip until it was done.

19. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

My quote was on liter bike DOT's. I found a website for one of the Conti Vendors with sets at $330

20. got40

got40 On hiatus...

That'd be us. If anyone is looking for prices, go to nextlevelmoto.com and punch up what you're looking for. Generally, the DOTs are about $330 depending on size and compound, and the slicks start about $350. There's a major update to the website coming soon, so look out for that as well.

I still have that tire. We use it for show and tell. The pace that he held on it for eight sessions was ridiculous. But honestly after eight sessions it is annihilated. We won't be stocking many of those, especially after it gets hot. If you want ultimate grip for two races tho, thats the ticket.