1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Identify this 2001 GSXR 600

Discussion in 'General' started by Abiagi, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Abiagi

Abiagi Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any info on this GSXR? Found a guy selling it locally for a decent price.
    Wondering if anyone knows any history on it?

Thanks

[​IMG]

2. LabRat

LabRat Well-Known Member

That picture was taken at VIR if that helps any in your search....

3. Abiagi

Abiagi Well-Known Member

that's a start!

4. Cane

Cane Well-Known Member

No clue but I totaled one of those at VIR going into turn seven a couple of years ago. Bike went over the guard rail and landed in a tree.

5. Abiagi

Abiagi Well-Known Member

Up to that point, what were your impressions of the bike? :D

6. sln

sln Slow LWT newb

I'm cornfused - you asking about impressions of a standard '01 GSXR 600 or if anyone has ever seen this particular bike?

I had an '03 600. Loved it. It was still faster than I ever was. Parts are cheap.

7. Abiagi

Abiagi Well-Known Member

"Does anyone have any info on this GSXR? Found a guy selling it locally for a decent price.
    Wondering if anyone knows any history on it?"

This was what I asked. I want to know if anyone has ever seen this bike on the track or maybe even knew a previous owner, and would know any additional details about the bike that aren't in plain view.

Thanks for your input BTW.

8. I'm looking, but I don't see a WERA sticker on the side of that bike. The WERA sticker is required if you want to race with WERA. I also don't see several pounds of random safety wire hanging off the bike, which is also required if you want to race WERA ;)

So, I rather doubt that the bike was used at WERA events. Have you tried the CCS board?

9. Abiagi

Abiagi Well-Known Member

Not on the CCS board, but the NESBA board. I'll check out the CCS board.

Thanks

10. cody620

cody620 Well-Known Member

I know the guy and the bike, went with him to pick it up when he first got it, It is a good bike, the bike probably needs to have suspension freshened up and a quick tune up and you should be good to go, Unless something happened to it that i dont know about but he only went to the track when we went.:up:

11. Abiagi

Abiagi Well-Known Member

Cody,
    Exactly what I'm looking for. Good info, thanks.

12. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Why not ask the seller?

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Our safety wire rules while they may require several pounds of wire are not random :p

14. Abiagi

Abiagi Well-Known Member

I've asked him, and I'm pretty sure he let me everything he knew. But I figured I would ask if any one else knew of any thing else about the bike.

15. Cane

Cane Well-Known Member

I had a R6 before and after that and I like those a lot better. The bike was big and heavy and did not turn in as well but did hold a better line for me. But I only had a few laps before I destroyed it. The newer one are much much better