1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rd400 racebike for sale

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by 198rd, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

Yeah, I noticed that...

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Well-Known Member

Nice looking bike.

3. charles

charles The Transporter

Is this the same Mike Kelly who went looking at an RD350, or do we have another guy here???

4. Mike Kelly

I am of stronger mind these days and not as easily pulled towards the temptations of the underworld (unless there was a trade involved for my CRF450X with a street title, see bikes for sale, hint hint :p). It is a sharp looking bike, but they always are.

5. hinshaw929

hinshaw929 Well-Known Member

All the more reason to come to Barber...come hang out in the motor home and I'll buy you a cold beer. :up:

If not there I'll be at Cycle Jam for sure and maybe VIR this month though that ones iffy right now because I'm about to become a grandad way out in California - my wife is busy organizing my marching orders. ;)

6. Mike Kelly

Oh no, I sold my CRF today...

7. charles

charles The Transporter

Congrats, Jim- triplets????:D

8. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

I'll be, well congratulations, Grandad, that's outstanding! I'll look for you at VIR but if I don't see ya have a great time in California, it'll probably be snowing back here anyway.

9. STAN LIPERT

STAN LIPERT Well-Known Member

Nice work, Matt. Well done. Do you miss the snow?

Stan

10. 198rd

198rd Member

no i dont! we have had more snow this year than all of the last 20 combined
    we have avg. 20 degrees lower too! burrrrrrrrrrr
    thanks although i did not build it to sell, if someone buys it. it will hurt to let it go

11. compmoto

compmoto Team Geno

certainly not hard to look at ! dripping sweet aye candy ! ...Happiness is coming !

12. 198rd

198rd Member

danm it man!:) i wanted a brand new rd, superior mecanically and visually.
    "Eye candy", maybe! it only proves that when you build something in the livingroom, 5 ft from the TV no detail gets overlooked,over and over and over........It taunted me, I knew i could polish those pitcocks

13. Motomeister13

Motomeister13 Well-Known Member

Cool bike.

Not a prospective buyer, but wondering ballpark weight and HP on an RD outfitted like that?

Thanks,

Rich

14. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

That bike would look good with a #2 on it.

15. 198rd

198rd Member

the bike weighs @ 270lb wet
    i would guess and say it has @ 55-60 hp (not built for max hp, but max longevity)
    ya joe with a #2 on it, It stands a chance of being a champions bike.

16. Tom Tompkins

Tom Tompkins New Member