1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Orca, the serial killer

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Orvis, Feb 25, 2010.

1. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

The guy that owned the Grizzly used in the series Grizzly Adams got attacked by that bear. They were going to put it down until the guy basically said no f'in way the bear was doing what its instincts told it to. He didn't blame the animal at all.

If I'm not mistaken the same was said about the lion that attacked the lion taming gay dude mentioned in the General Area Orca discussion. Oh yeah, it's Siegfried and Roy or something like that. :D

I agree. Can't blame the animal.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Pretty sure I never blamed the whale. The first trainer was killed by this one and a pair of females when she fell into a pool with the three whales who hadn't been trained to work with humans, they played with her like a toy/food. Not their fault. Second one most likely wasn't killed by the whale, no marks on him, died of hypothermia and drowning. Not the whales fault.

Too many descriptions from different people to tell for sure what happened, video of the incident would help.

3. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

I think there is video all the time of those tanks maybe it will surface soon.

4. 45° Please

45° Please Large Member

Too bad whale tastes worse than shark. Axed(TM) the guy to
    take it back.

While in Norway 1994

5. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

LOL@Axed

6. Booger Van der Jackass

Booger Van der Jackass Well-Known Member

It is a Killer Whale right? It's genus means something akin to death bringer. WTF do you expect?
    Do they belong in aquarium shows? No. They belong in the open ocean. What can you truely learn about an orca in an aquarium, aside from how orcas adapt to life in captivity?
    I'd be interested revenue/expense reports for the Seaworld parks.

7. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

I think it's bullshit to take an animal that roams as much space as a killer whale and put it in a half ass attempt at a re-creation of his native environment.

Thing shouldda stayed in the ocean.

8. Stefan

Stefan Well-Known Member

So who is to blame for caging people up?

Blame "The Man"??:eek::eek:

In reference to the Orca I doubt it understood what it did. With that there is no real reason to blame the animal. People understand that animals are dangerous and not always predictable and should be treated as such. You take "your" own chances when dealing with them in a close proximity. There are multiple cases of people forgetting this rule and crossing the boundries and pair of guys who liked to play with tigers comes to mind as well as a famous Ausi!

9. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

I am with you on this, I am a full fledged card carrying member of PETA myself, although it is with the lesser known "PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS" :D