How not to endear yourself to your factory race team employer

Discussion in 'General' started by DrA5, Jan 12, 2010.

1. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

2. strgt

strgt Well-Known Member

Woops...

3. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Yeah, he screwed up, but I doubt it'll really affect him. I don't remember who said it or when, but "Nicky Hayden could commit homicide on the pit wall and sponsors would still clamor to sign him."

4. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

5. prwest

prwest Well-Known Member

6. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I saw where D'oh is now in the dictionary....(I'm quoting from the Simpson's 20th anniversary show.....yeah I watched it...:))

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

If nicky shot and killed someone on pitlane, the gun and bullet manufacturers would be 20 deep to become a personel sponsors of his.

8. jelder

jelder Replicant

I don't think this is a big deal. I haven't seen the pic, but I'm sure the bike aint revolutionary. My guess is it's red.

Plus I think he deservingly gets a "good guy" pass on this one. I don't claim to know him, but he seems to get an 'A' in everyone's book.

9. Chip

Chip Registered

:stupid:

10. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

If Nicky Hayden slaughtered someone in pitlane half the paddock would help hide the body.:up:

12. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

somehow i see this turning into nicky hayden becoming the next chuck norris

13. KillerCam

KillerCam KillerCam Racing

The Nicky Show.

14. PETe@nps

PETe@nps Well-Known Member

unless the bike was crazy out of this world combo it's simply a ducati motogp bike. in all reality do people even freak out about a revised bike these days even if they are a motogp bike?

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Ducati got as much or more press by Nicky posting photo(s) of that bike than they got from showing the bike at WROOM. Almost every website reported on it and stole his photo.

What did you see in the photo? A Ferarri red bike with with no stickers with bigger air cut outs on the fairing from an angle that showed not much else.

Ducati and Marlboro should only be pissed in that there was no Ducati or Marlboro stickers visible.

16. PETe@nps

PETe@nps Well-Known Member

wow didn't even think about that but you hit that nail on the head!

17. Rx3

Rx3 1%

:stupid:

18. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

It would almost be exactly what would happen if your manufacturer told you what angle to photograph the bike from and post a picture on your personal website, and then issue a press release to apologise for leaking the pic and give people something to talk about involving you, your manufacturer, and your sponsor...

Almost. :rolleyes:

19. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane