1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh no! Collapsing consensus!

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Orvis, Jan 11, 2010.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

OK, I'm not even going to lie: if one of those things fell on me I would freak like you've never seen anyone freak before. :D

I was at a friends apartment once, sitting on the couch. On the CD rack on the wall right above my left shoulder, there was a 3 foot rubber iguana. Well, I thought it was rubber until it moved. To this day, I am still trying to figure out how I jumped 4 feet to the bed without even putting my feet down. It's like my ass was spring-loaded.

2. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

:D Only funny because it reminded me of my dad? For some reason, he is afraid terrified of iguanas/lizards/geckos.

One of the reasons he was never really took a big liking to my ex was because she had a gecko tatooed on her ankle!:Poke:

Found this in front of the ex-gilfriend's home!

3. Booger Van der Jackass

Booger Van der Jackass Well-Known Member

I have one for you.
    I was at a buddy's house about a decade ago. I suddenly had to drop a deuce. So, I'm on the throne thumbing through a magazine when I hear the water in the tub slosh a little. I casually slid back the curtain to find a 40lb 5' water monitor having a soak. Surprise!

4. scotth

scotth Banned

How does one get an iguana into carry on...? :D

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Holy shit!

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I have held a baby alligator (with its mouth taped) in my arms. I just can't do lizards and snakes. :D

7. Booger Van der Jackass

Look up a binturong. Tell me how awesome it would be to have to take refuge in a swimming pool while trying to sneak back into the house, hammered, at 2am, because your buddy's dad "forgot" to close the pen.

8. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I have swam with aligators and sharks. Seriously, I don't think I can do that again. Last time I was on the beach, swiming at night, I kept waiting for a bite. BTW it was not my idea to jump into the water at night!:D I am not immune to the power of...

9. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I'll trade you two diamondback rattlers and three copperheads for one 20 foot python. :up:

10. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I suspect that the reason I had to have my knee replaced is because I kept hurting it while kicking myself in the ass for not buying a wind charger 25 years ago. It would have paid for itself several times since then. But noooo, I thought it was to much money. ($6,000 then, $20,000 now) :(

11. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I had a real good laugh a few years ago while talking to some kids from my school district. The Aledo schools mascot is a "Bearcat." It took me 10 minutes to convince them that they were actually "binturongs." They didn't know what the animal was.

Incidentally, bearcats make pretty good pets. They have a good disposition and are clean little rascals. They have a natural smell like an almond.

By the way, Where the hell have you been Booger? I haven't seen you posting much lately.

12. Booger Van der Jackass

Nobody likes being surprised by a binturong. Conversely, binturongs do not like being surprised.

I've been trying to be productive at work. Working = lurking.

13. SVandST

SVandST Well-Known Member

Only about 1.5% of the electricity produced in the US is generated by oil. So you aren't doing much to the people who hate us unless you're using those solar panels to power your car.

14. scotth

scotth Banned

Our generators are natural gas fired with oil backups.

I always assumed the NG came from the Gulf (of Mexico). Apparently that's not always the case. So, yeah, I'm not always keeping money from the Saudis, but then I've got fifteen other reasons I like solar. Hell, keeping my cash away from the utility bastards would be enough for me.