1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'06 GSXR Front Wheel & Rotors Question

Discussion in 'Tech' started by x_files, Dec 28, 2009.

1. x_files

x_files Active Member

I'm looking for a used Suzuki wheel and brake rotors for an '06 GSXR1000 front end. I know the wheels and rotors are same for the '05 & '06 model years. What other wheels and rotors are a direct swap? I think the '06/'07 600-750 front wheels and rotors are compatible, but not certain. Any help is appreciated!

2. AC1108

AC1108 Well-Known Member

05+ 1000, 06+ 600/750, 02-05 600/750's but the rotors are a different size. I'm sure that the 03-04 1000's will work but I can't recall what the rotor size is.

3. mkvamso

mkvamso Fall Risk

think the rotor size is 300 but im not certain
    ac is on the money with those years/ models compatible
    ive got a chart somewhere on here if you want ill try and post it up
    it has everything: front rims and brakes to fork diamater compatability between different year model gixxers

4. AC1108

AC1108 Well-Known Member

I'd love to see the chart. I can remember what most of the stuff fits but something to look back on would be nice.

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

05-08 1000 yes, but the 09 has a different front wheel and rotor bolt pattern

06/07 yes, but again the front wheel and rotor changed in 2008, also the rotors are 300mm, the 1000 is 310mm

front wheel may fit but it requires different spacers I believe. Also the rotors are not 310mm and the bolt pattern is different.

6. mkvamso

mkvamso Fall Risk

[​IMG]

got this from a guy on gdc, good info

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  7. AC1108

AC1108 Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting the chart!

8. mkvamso

mkvamso Fall Risk

np
    i think theyre might be a revised chart with a little more info floating around gdc somewhere
    takes too long to sift through the dumbshit on there to find anything good most of the time

9. AC1108

AC1108 Well-Known Member

I hate that site. I used to go there occasionally with the old format but now it's just a pain. Same with GSXR.com

10. Cajun

Cajun North of Phillip Island

[​IMG]

think this is the other chart mkvamso is talking about

11. mkvamso

mkvamso Fall Risk

thatd be the one
    someone did their homework on that one...lol

12. x_files

x_files Active Member

Thanks for the input and posting the tables! :beer: