1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Duc Racers: Is there an aftermarket front rotor set that still falls...

Discussion in 'Tech' started by buellucifer9s, Nov 24, 2009.

1. buellucifer9s

buellucifer9s Active Member

Is there an aftermarket front rotor set that still falls within superstock?

2. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

It was recently discussed on here that the Vesrah rotors are SS legal.

3. buellucifer9s

When I checked the vesrah catalog they only make rotors for Kawi, Suz and Yammie...

4. racrx451

racrx451 Well-Known Member

what's wrong with the brembos?

5. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

try the ones for an <02 sv650...assuming this is for your 1198.

6. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

nevermind...wrong cross-reference.

7. Yoyo

Yoyo Well-Known Member

Is going from 330 to 320 legal?

8. buellucifer9s

i am still getting a lot of front chatter (front wheel bouncing) - not as bad after i changed out the valves but it still sucks.

9. buellucifer9s

I think if you go down- it should be considered legal..??

10. 123user

123user Active Member

I had that in my 1000SS, low frequency vibration while on the brakes. It was a bad set of brake pads, I fixed it by taking off the pads and grinding both sides flat on a surface grinder.

11. Perlzuki

Perlzuki Well-Known Member

Hey man

Buellucifer,
    Stop being so hard on you front brakes! Just downshift & use your back brakes. Fronts are overated!!!!! Whats up man? Still going East for Holidays?

Mark

12. racrx451

what pads do you run??? I have stock brembo rotors on my 848 w/Vesrah SRJL pads and aftermarket brembo master w/stock stainless lines.. GREAT BRAKES! try different pads.

13. buellucifer9s

I put some ebc XTREMEZ (lol) on before the summit race and goin into t1 - i would still get chatter- so im not sure if new brake pads would fix the prob- which led me to think the rotors would be tweaked...

Mark- I'll be in East/Middle TN for the holidays, but for feb I will be in the far east.

I've got a few more things that I think I'm goin to check on the bike before I swear it to be the rotors - ( but I did go down on t4 @ summit - which as I was sliding could have engaged the brakes (right side low-side) which could lead to tweakage...

14. racrx451

so, pull the wheel and check the rotors. I haven't had problems with mine at all and they have been on there for 4000 track miles.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope.