1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ebay question....

Discussion in 'General' started by gapman789, Nov 21, 2009.

1. Gixxxxxxer

Gixxxxxxer Well-Known Member

LOL!!!!

2. Gixxxxxxer

LOL Way to be the tattle-tale in this 1st grade forum!

3. toymoney

toymoney Well-Known Member

Then sell him the subframe "as it was listed", with no reserve.:Poke:

4. Gixxxxxxer

I have a buy it now listed or he can bid on it. And I was talking about the description in that statement.

5. Gixxxxxxer

6. caferace

caferace No.

7. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

I have. Subframes are worth $150 - $250 used. Tops.

8. Suburbanrancher

Yes.

9. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Ah, nope. You're not going to use general to pimp your shit.

10. Gixxxxxxer

Worth to you maybe. We are not trying to short change ourselves.

11. Gixxxxxxer

Then buy that one :)

12. Suburbanrancher

I'm not trying to bust your chops (seriously). The market sucks right now, and guys asking high $ for their parts are sitting on them.

If you think you'll get $400 - $600 for your subframe, you'll be sitting on it for awhile is all.

13. Gixxxxxxer

Deff not arguing with you. The market does suck! And out of the 20+ items we listed 11 did not sell. I am just going on the prices he wanted. The reserve is no where near 600 though.

14. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

The feedback I left was as follows: "I paid for the item. Seller refunded my money. Price was too low. BEWARE!!"

Uhm, is there another way of saying, " I couldn't follow thru with the sale because it didn't bring the money that I was hoping for"?
    Sure there is, just say that you forgot the reserve.

Saying that you forgot to set a reserve was an excuse to not follow thru with my winning bid, IMO. And my opinion, was also based on other feedback that was left by other buyers, for you, saying that you cancelled transactions on them whereas YOU said the price was too low.
    Funny how those feedbacks are still there.

I believe all that reserve B.S. is besides the point. Let's assume that you made an honest mistake, oh well, man up and take the loss and give your friend Dave the difference between my winning bid and the alleged reserve price and all would have been square.
    Dave's happy, I'm happy, and you took a moral stand and took one for the team.

I'm good with everything. It's a done deal, so have a nice day.

15. 418

418 Expert #59

$600 for a subframe? You guys are delusional.

16. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Some people are real men and honor their obligations. Some aren't. Sorry gapman, you just experienced one of those that "aren't". Live and learn. Even your fellow racers sometimes have no honor.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The only thing I hate more than Ebay is the shit nuggets that post ads for items for sale on Ebay in the classifieds here on the BBS. "@@ Look. for sale on Ebay: a used Jock strap@@".

Did I mention I also hate discussions of Ebay?

18. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

I wouldn't buy anything from you, ever.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The problem is - you didn't sell this as listed. You had a contract with the buyer and you didn't follow through on that deal you made. That makes you a liar at best, a thief at worst.

You fucked up, we get it, but that's your fault and stupid should hurt. It's not his fault you blew it. It's yours.

BTW - $600 for a used subframe is ludicrous and trying to use the price of a new one to justify it is even dumber...

20. Game

Game zip tie master

Didn't i tell you to leave it at that? You wasted your time. He forgot to put a reserve, he has the right not to give you the item.Or simply scam you and send you a fucking txt book and put the tracking number on paypal.

Next time a seller is a bitch, leave negative feedback and move on. Be smart about it, don't be a moron and make a huge deal out of it, it's not going to favor you an anyway it's just a headache.