1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Race Fuel???

Discussion in 'Tech' started by 750 dan, Nov 22, 2009.

1. 750 dan

750 dan Well-Known Member

I'm buying a bike that is mapped for VP U4.2 I have some questions you guys might be able to help me out.

-Can you mix with pump gas?

-Do I have to drain the tank at the end of the week end?

-Does it need stabilizer if not used right away?

2. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

yes but it will affect the mapping

- yes if a pure race fuel is used

- yes, if you left it in the bike

3. gixxersmitty

gixxersmitty Well-Known Member

I dont even let race fuel sit in my tank overnight. I just use enough to run the race or practice session, then drain out what is left and run a little pump gas through it to clean it out.

4. tony715

tony715 Well-Known Member

u4.2 leaves a residue. they said it won't but it does. i drained it out of my 600 after every day of raing and ran pump gas in it, and when we looked inside it still had a gummy blue residue. and it reuined my fuel pump.

if it sits around for a season it's junk.

5. axld

axld sinner & saint racing

ruined your fuel pump ? after how long/ use's ? hey T.L. you ever live in FL. ? used to know some one same name.

6. tony715

tony715 Well-Known Member

one season. lost the fuel pump at nelson. bike shut down around 13K. put pump in and it was better. took it to be checked out and the pump was junk. put a new pump in and the bike ran great.

not a mechanic so i can't give you any more info than that. haven't used the u4.2 since.

i never had a problem with u4 which i heard others did.? who knows? could have been a one off issue.

7. JP OTTO

JP OTTO Well-Known Member

If you don't want to bother with the expense or hassle of race fuel (especially if you're not racing) just re-map it for pump gas. If you decide you need to run race fuel later on then load the race gas map back on it.

8. gixxersmitty

The race gas gums them up. I bought an ex Formula Xtreme Gsx-R that uses MR 11, and the guy I bought it from recommended taking the fuel pump out and cleaning it every other weekend or so. I remember him having the same issues as Tony with his 1000 at Cycle Jam one year. Several others have posted up about having gummed up fuel pumps from race gas.

9. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

The gumming is brand specific. ;)

10. gixxersmitty

I get what you are saying, but I wouldn't trust any of it personally.

11. houseofpain

houseofpain Well-Known Member

i've used u4.2 all season long without any issues. i drain my tank after the race weekend and fill it with pump gas. although i do notice there is a film of blue residue in my airbox.

12. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Think about the inside of your throttle bodies and injectors look like.

13. paunchy

paunchy Well-Known Member

I'm told by Factory Pro that R-Tech does not gum or leave a residue. That includes the heavily oxygenated stuff like "Outlaw".

I have no specific experience with the stuff but I will this time next year. :)

14. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

:)

15. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Drain U4.2. I took the airbox off a bike on Saturday that ran this stuff and the throttlebodies looked like they have algae growing in them. Green slime EVERYWHERE!!!!

16. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

I have experience with ProV.1 and R-110. ProV.1 is the harsher of the two and you do do well to drain it at the end of the weekend...but that's because it starts to eat the fuel pump. :)

17. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

I've left Pro V.1 in my tank for three months. Bike started up first attempt, and passed everyone like they were standing still down the straights all season.

18. Blue Junk

Blue Junk Well-Known Member

I have been using/selling R-Tech stuff for 3 years, and as a test I never took it out of my bike. Even over the off season that is 5 months long. Just left it in the tank, and the bike worked great every time. :up:

19. got40

got40 On hiatus...

Triple XXX doesn't leave any residue. That's what I'll be running next season. Its the spec fuel for Supersport class in AMA dragbike. Replaced U4.

20. Steverin06

Steverin06 Well-Known Member

XXX fuel website says their fuel is " three times better than any racing fuel in use today". Has anyone tried this stuff? Prices?