1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vintage wrap up

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by VVRONGO, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What's truly funny is I treat the vast majority of our customers as valued customers - because they are. Try actually paying attention to everything I do not just the parts you want to pick out. Hell, come hang out with me at the track for a day. I can go entire weekends without being an asshole to someone. Ever think that maybe if all YOU ever see is me being an asshole the issue might not be on my end? You're not even a customer at this point and haven't been for a while yet you still bitch and whine - why exactly should I take what you say seriously?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Um, yeah, those posts were from way further back, I'm playing catch up.

As for your schedule - I appreciate the time you put into it but I'm not sure Evelyne would agree to having events being too different from each other. Goes against the big mac theory.

I will look at it more depending on how things play out.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I know, I just want people to stay aware of where their entry fees go.

4. charles

charles The Transporter

Very relevant question here, Sean, i.e., about promotion. We all know print advertising is cost prohibitive, and the value somewhat questionable. We have modern communications technology to use for this purpose. When the Barber 'Fast from the Past' event was shaping up (both years), email to and from various riders and organizations certainly helped to promote it, as did regular phone conversations. Certainly more WERA vintage members could get involved in this type of activity if they wanted. Attracting more riders/bikes/support could come from a combination of promotional activities, if such were coordinated and directed at the proper target audience. Who races vintage and who would if they knew more about it? Now we also have relatively inexpensive video media to use, such as YouTube, and of course we find WERA vintage videos posted there. Hmmm...could well-done video clips of vintage racing, featuring personalities/bikes/staff/management be effective in driving prospective WERA members/vintage riders to the WERA website? Yes, of course, as long as what they will find about vintage will encourage them to join and get a bike race-ready. Is that worthy of a small investment on WERA's part? Done the right way, I see no reason why it would not succeed, especially if WERA exercises its right regarding photos/videos to control quality and assure better public relations. Any video clip produced could be sent anywhere vis-a-vis email attachment. Okay well there's more that can be done to put a positive spin on things, create excitement, and so on...

Permit me to add as an afterthought: would perspective members and vintage riders be real excited about joining and participating from some of the things they would read on this thread? Just because we can write/say what we want, doesn't mean we should, and doesn't mean there's not a consequence.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sounds good to me but who do we send them to?

6. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

I guess I need to clarify. I'm proposing dropping, at the regional level, half the vintage races. So if you have 12 regionals in the SE. then you now have 6. Some are combined with other regions, some are not. You just race one weekend at each venue for that year (CMP has 2 regional rounds, one with vintage, one without).

Does that help or am I using new math here?

:D

7. Silo Pete

Understood. Thanks for jumping head and replying with a clarification.

8. Steve 976

Steve 976 Well-Known Member

I just got a chance to read all of this, wow. I do not have any problems at all with WERA. My only question would be to Mongo and the Czar. If there is not going to be a vintage program next year, please let us know soon. I have two expensive and time consuming projects going in my shop for next year. If there is no WERA vintage next year I need to cut my losses and shelve them or try to sell them.

9. Silo Pete

Would those 'vintage' videos be 'talkies' in black and white. or would they have sound and color?

:D

Sorry, the temptation was too strong.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well the boss is home sick so I'm going ahead with everything assuming there will be one. She was pissed but I'm sure she'll get over it, she's nicer than I am.

11. KawH1R

KawH1R Well-Known Member

I have been a member and raced with WERA since 1977. This thread is a complete embarrassment to the entire vintage community of WERA. At this point we can only hope that you can overlook what a few people have said and continue to provide us a place to race. Please kill this thread.

12. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

man, what a mess. i leave you kids alone for the week end and come back to a blood bath.

13. Czar

Czar Well-Known Member

I am home sick and did not keep up with this yesterday, but today, with the exception of Mr. Arkle (you really need to leave now) I am happy to see some constrluctive things being posted. Sean and I will look at these suggestions and those that make sense will be implemented and those that we have a) tried before and failed or b) are self-serving will be tossed. WERA Vintage will be here in 2010 and we will try to make it better for those who appreciate it - at this point I am just trying to keep the Big Mac theory in place and also optimize WERA financially to remain viable for the future - thanks to all who are giving good input and those who are so unhappy, please consider alternatives to racing with WERA and going to other boards on racing to post your rants. Thanks and I hope to be back at the office later this week.

14. tcurrin

tcurrin Well-Known Member

Thanks and I hope you are feeling better soon.

Tom

15. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

1 a month and from 12 to 6 are 2 different things.....no new math there.

If you are looking for me to second a motion to cut 6 races from 12, you sir are looking in the wrong place.

16. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I know I'll get flamed for this, but I would be willing to add $5 to every vintage race entry fee I pay if the money were used to create a pool of money to draw from for promotion of WERA Vintage as Charles suggested previously.

Or, WERA simply cancel the $10 reduced fee vintage riders don't pay when they race on Saturday. You guys remember we do get that benefit right? Or, is your memory selective?

In case you forgot:
    All Sprint Classes - 1st class entered -$75 pre entry and $85 post entry, 2nd class - $65, each additional class $55. Vintage- for Vintage racers riding Saturday classes only the fees will be dropped by $10 on their first entry, if they choose to enter Sunday races that $10 will be added back in at that time.

Seems to me like that sends a message that WERA supports the Vintage crowd. :)

17. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Sean, you called me out? Um...guess I missed it.

Evelyn, I'm out. You rock by the way, 24/7/365. I have to say though, that if you think Sean being a jerkoff to every customer he doesn't like or who does or says stupid things is good for WERA, I think you're wrong. I hope WERA continues to do well in spite of him.

Thanks for the memories.

18. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

I don't race vintage and I sure would love the extra time on Saturday to practice/race. Don't get me wrong, I love you folks like step-children, but if anyone remotely suggests that my fees would go up because the vintage classes got nuked, I would send my check before someone changes their mind.

Again, i love you guys, but I would love to be able to get in more practice / race time on Saturday at your expense.

19. hinshaw929

hinshaw929 Well-Known Member

Thank you - Get better soon. :up:

20. joec

joec brace yourself

i thought of that when tim was talking about the gate fees. im glad you brought it up.