1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Birmingham Info

Discussion in 'General' started by paistes5, Nov 13, 2009.

1. paistes5

paistes5 Well-Known Member

I am looking for info on Birmingham and possible places to live, what to look for and what not to. Nothing is definite yet but I'm being proactive. I've been there a number of times but never looked for a place to live.

My initial thoughts are somewhere close to Barber, big shocker I know. The prospective job is right off of 459 and 280.

Also, other than Hwy. 25, what other roads are good to ride?

2. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

it's in Alabama.

you're welcome :D

3. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I've been to Alabaster and Montivello, briefly. Both seem nice. Try some Milo's! :up:

4. paistes5

I live in Alabama and really enjoy living here. I have Milo's in the fridge right now actually.

5. WFOchris

WFOchris Custom User Title

I lived 2 miles from the I459 and 280 junction and loved it. It ruined me as far as having EVERYTHING within walking distance. It was a great area, and close to 29 dreams as well, not to mention Barber.

You looking for a house or apartment? You could go down 459 a few miles close to McCalla for much more affordable housing, or if you're going to rent I'd stay on 280. The traffic on 280 could get pretty crazy, so I was glad I was close to 459 as it usually opened up once I got on the interstate.

6. eggfooyoung

That's cool, but......

....fuck you! :D

7. SMonk

SMonk Twisted Moto Racing

Upscale, you want to be around the Summit off Hwy 280 and 459.

Good towns would be
    Vestavia Hills
    Inverness
    Meadowbrook

Further down 459 is Riverchase and Hoover. They are also nice.

Really can't go to wrong around those areas. Traffic during shopping season will be ruff around the Summit and the galleria malls.

Send us some Milo's.....:D

8. paistes5

I would rent at first, kind of get the lay of the land before I decide to buy.

9. lostinbama

lostinbama Well-Known Member

I just moved from Hwy 25 and I miss Bham bad!!

The area's above are all good, but I will tell you I-65 traffic from the Pelham\Alabaster area is hell in the morning and so is 280 from the Chelsea\Inverness area.

You'll love the riding there and will have no problem finding people to ride with and show you some roads. West of town around the river is great riding also.

Feel free to Pm me if you have any more questions!

10. TwoRs

TwoRs Well-Known Member

All of the above..... great areas, very good schools and better riding than most........ really good food!
    We have lived in the Indian Springs area off of 119 area for 12 years, less than 15 miles from Barber :beer:

PM me with any questions,

Garry

11. porkyb

porkyb Chasing LWT Twins

David.. also check the Chelsea area. 280 runs right through it and its about 10 miles from 459.

12. F4Scott

F4Scott Step out of the car

Yeah, but at 7:00 am or 5:00 pm that 10 miles can take you 1 1/2 hours to cover.......... :eek:

280 area is great if you are young(ish) and single. The closer to 459 you can get (afford) the better. Some nice apartments right there at The Summit but you have to deal with shopping traffic for a month each year.

Scott P.

13. paistes5

Guys, thanks for all the tips. I've been looking at places right off 280 not a couple miles off 459. Now, if the job offer comes through I'll be set. :D

14. eggfooyoung

Hey, no problem. :up:

15. porkyb

porkyb Chasing LWT Twins

David can just leave early..LOL...:D

16. paistes5

Thanks for the advice there Lance.

17. noeyes

noeyes Well-Known Member

Didn't 29 Dreams close down?

18. porkyb

porkyb Chasing LWT Twins

Nope Still up and running..

19. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

I live in Alabaster and work all over town as my job litereally has me every place.

I would not live on 280 (just me) the traffic is HELL, but its because most everything you want is down that strip.

what end of town is the prosprctive job?

N end Fultandale and Gardendale, W end McCalla, E end Trussville, Leeds, S, Pelham, Alabaster, Helena. The previously mentioned above areas are more centrally located to B'ham. hence are more expensive places to live. As with any city, there are always 2 sides of the "tracks" to live on. if you could narrow down you area a little more, some of us local folcs may be able to offer a better opinion

20. paistes5

280 and 459 is where it would be.