1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spies Moto Gp

Discussion in 'General' started by KillerCam, Nov 2, 2009.

1. KillerCam

KillerCam KillerCam Racing

When will he win his first race ? 1st season ? I would bet on it.

2. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

+1...Ben will win 1 maybe 2 races his first year, with 6-8 podiums. He will finish 3rd or 4th in the points. It will be a Rossi/Stoner fight all next year....should be very interesting.

3. tony715

tony715 Well-Known Member

i don't think he will win but, i do think that he will be in the top 5 all season. i think he needs a full backed factory bike to beat rossi, stoner,pedrosa, and lorenzo. just my .02

4. woodyracing

woodyracing Well-Known Member

Valencia this weekend...

5. RickJohnson#29

RickJohnson#29 Well-Known Member

I would like to see him win a race.It'll take him alittle time to adjust to the 800.I see him running in the top 6 though.Rossi, Lorenzo, Pedrosa, and Stoner are flying. Stoner has come back on fire.Valencia should be a great race to watch.Good luck to Spies.

6. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

So, you think Ben will beat Colin who is consistently the best non-factory rider? I think the most interesting side-story next year will be the two Texans on the same team and how they finish vs each other. My guess is Ben may have more podiums than Colin but Colin ends up with more points....

7. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Bartender!

Same as the gentleman, please!

8. Chip

Chip Registered

:stupid:

:up::up::up::beer:

9. mr240

mr240 Well-Known Member

I will take that bet.

10. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Indy next year.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

If they were running the 990s i'd wager he'd win a race in his first season. With the 800s I'd hate to even speculate.

12. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member

I think that he will be pushing it just to finish in the top three on a satellite team. He ended up 5th running in the rain at Indy last year which was darn good considering it was his first GP race, but the competition is pretty darned tough between Stoner, Lorenzo, Rossi, and Pedrosa. I think he will consistently finish ahead of Edwards though.
    I’m still holding out hope for Hayden but it would be nice to see an American come along and smoke the pack.

13. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

At this point I believe Ben is going to have a tough year. There is a lot of riders with great talent in MotoGP who aren't in the Top 4.

My guess...today...as in right now...Ben may get a podium or two next year.

Valencia may change my mind...and may induce me to say he may get a handful of podiums next year....but beating Stoner, Lorenzo, and Rossi in a straight up fight for a win...I don't think it will happen. Maybe a rain race/strategy win.

I do know I am excited for The Ben to go to MotoGP...and can't wait for Valencia right now!!

14. prwest

prwest Well-Known Member

I'd say it all depends on what kind of bike yamaha gives him.

15. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Hopefully he gets the $hit he needs to win... :crackup:

16. R6addict

R6addict shaking the minds of BBS

my prediction: Ben will be behind the slower factory riders in pace next season (learning the Grand Prix trade) and in front of the other satellite teams including Colin. Ben's legit! What type of bike Yamaha gives him will be an important factor... But can his superbike background translate into Grand Prix 800 madness? Toseland would be a good person to answer this question. I think Toseland's abilities didnt come close to surfacing at the Grand Prix level. Was it simply the machine or a combination of team structure/machine/headgames?

Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  17. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

My question is, is the Tech3 Yamaha capable of being at the front, race in and race out? It seems to be an ample bike/team combo, but it doesnt seem to be duking it out at the front with Stoner, the Fiat Yamaha's, etc on a regular basis.

18. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Given what Yamaha is rumored to be paying him, and their desire to move him up to MotoGP, why would they give him anything less than their best?

19. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

If James Toseland couldn't make it...there is no way Ben can. That's what JT's Brit Fanboi's are saying...and if he does it is because Yamaha gave him special equipment.

I hope Ben has a good Valencia so it shuts them up for awhile.

20. R6addict

R6addict shaking the minds of BBS