1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

US F1 team- drivers?

Discussion in 'General' started by DrA5, Oct 9, 2009.

1. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Who would you nominate for the seats for the upcoming US F1 team?

I initially thought Marco Andretti and Grahame Rahal. But, it sounds like they may only look at one American for one of the seats.

In that case, the fact that Anthony "Ant" Davidson has been sitting at the sidelines is sad. So, his phone should be the first to ring.

Alex Wurz would help with development and if nothing else, be a test driver. Trulli would also help out.

With the new teams coming, I hope Ralf Schumacher's and Jacque Villeneuve's phones remains silent.

2. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

I haven't been watching any American open wheel racing in the last few years.

But if they are looking for the classic experienced driver to mentor the younger one, Trulli would be good. Jacques is definitely too long in the tooth.

3. tito

tito Well-Known Member

I vote for danika patrick just because she is hot and it would be interesting.......

4. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Watching her get lapped 5 times and then throwing a fit about something at the end of the race would be soooooo interesting. :down:

5. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

Scott Speed.

At least he has some experience....but he won't leave NASCAR.

Whomever takes the seat is going to get his ass beat by the media, and a inferior car.

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

J C France

7. Mika

Mika Member

tony stewart and paul tracy.

oops they won't fit :tut:

8. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Jon Summerton should get a seat because he's due but not sure if they'll give him a super license.

9. prwest

prwest Well-Known Member

Dale jr

10. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

scott speed and graham rahall.

there are not enough excuses for losing left to allow an Andretti to go.

11. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

That's funny!!!

12. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

There's a lot of young talent racing karts these days.

13. erictrainer

erictrainer Well-Known Member

Juan Pablo Montoya FTW!

14. caferace

caferace No.

:D

-jim

15. Gron4

Gron4 I'm in your house

I went to school with Danica...Back in the day, she told me she wanted to race F1 one day. She was a nice person, but her ego just kept growing. I don't see her going to F1 any more. She has got a taste of the money and she likes it! Not that there isn't money in F1, but that would require a lot of international travel. Indy and soon Nascar....She's a big fish in a little pond. She is able to keep a winning car consistently OFF the podium and still gets a ride and plenty of advertising deals. In F1 you are sacked pretty quick if you don't meet expectations. Hell just look at Sébastien Bourdais....Multi-CART champ to nothing.

My picks:
    There aren't any good drivers around anymore...Especially in the US!
    I won't care until they start allowing for real race development and get rid of all the stupid rules in place! How long before 2L V6s? I absolutely love the fact Braun came in a destroyed everyone with old man Barricello and par driver Button...It shows how backwards the race development has been. :beer:

16. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Danica would run out of talent very quickly in F1. In IndyCar roadcourse races she is a 10th place driver at best. You had better dominate IndyCar before you even have a chance in F1.

17. Gron4

Gron4 I'm in your house

Sorry to say, she ran out of talent when she stopped karting.... :eek:

18. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

(insert your best/worst sexual fantasy here). :D

19. Goodwood

Goodwood Well-Known Member

Wurz and Summerton.

20. Gron4

Gron4 I'm in your house

That was a joke right?