1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I fought the law and the law...

Discussion in 'General' started by SClark, Nov 22, 2002.

1. wera516

wera516 I am not BC61

Great reading. which DRZ do you have S model or E off roadmodel?

2. Devilredr6

Devilredr6 Well-Known Member

Dude, that is awesome! I love the description of Hank Hill, so perfect!!!!!

Totally awesome!!

So do you pay at the toll now?

3. mtnbkrpnk

mtnbkrpnk Broke racer.....

I'm a military cop, and I was even laughing my rear off at that one!! Especially, the " 'EVERYONE MUST PAY!' the evil troll growled" :D

4. mtnbkrpnk

mtnbkrpnk Broke racer.....

Speaking of which......maybe I should change my screenname to " The Evil Troll" Whadda ya'll think?

5. PACMAN

PACMAN Well-Known Member

Hopefully I'll have the same luck when I go. Of course I believe there is a little more at stake then a fine. I've already paid fines if you ask me......a freaking $10,000 attorney fee. My God that should be a crime in itself!!!!!!!!!

6. wera516

wera516 I am not BC61

Sure doesn't sound like you ran a toll booth.

7. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

Funny story. Now here's my toll road story. Couple of months ago I traveled to Kentucky to deliver a bike I sold. After driving all night and making the delivery I started home. About an hour into the drive home I became very tired. I saw a rest area in the north bound lane of I-65. Got off on the next exit and returned to it. Slept about and hour then restarted for home. I had to go south so I headed north to the first exit. I exited and looked for a turn to head south again. There was none. I was on a toll road with no turn arounds. After driving a few miles, cussing the whole way I came to the toll booth. I drove up and explained to the lady there I needed to turn around. She laughed and said that people get off that exit by mistake all the time. But I had to pay the toll to go through. She stopped the traffic I paid the toll then turned around. I started though the booth on the other side. Another lady came out yelling I was in the wrong lane. I had a trailer so I couldn't go though there. She made me backup a 100 feet or so then come though her lane. When I got there she stopped me and asked for another toll. I said your kidding, she said nooo I'm not. I said I only went about 100 feet. And I only wanted to turn around. She said its Kentucky law and if I didn't pay she has to call the state police. I paid and went on my way. I that point I was to tired to care.:)

8. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

steve, by fighting this issue in court the way you did you got out of THIS ticket. ill bet they are making new signs right now in some state prison that have verbage on them that will make it impossible for anyone on a motorcycle to pass through without paying the toll in the future.

revel in your victory my son. it was well planned and deserved.
    (im gonna see if blashfield signs can contract to make the necessary signs, thanks for the lead):D

9. Madmike

Madmike Drunk Member

Bravo.

10. Martin M

Martin M Former BRP Rider

Good job Steve ! :cool:
    You were born to fight !
    (As we all know since Summit :p )

11. a600ccgirl

a600ccgirl Well-Known Member

Re: You do realize that it could have easily gone the other way?

YEP! Just like the c*&^ that said "guilty" to me for sliding in the hot 90 degree tar snake that broke my back in Fannin Co Georgia for "failure to maintain lane" F*^&ing C*@#!

Sorry, just a little ill at how far they will go to make a few bucks when they know good and well those tar patches melt and present a HUGE danger to motorcyclists.

Go eat some more doughnuts LEO's while I'm getting raped in my house or your trying to meet you quota at at a toll booth.

HEY, I've got an idea- go eat your doughnuts there!!!! You can kill two birds with one stone.

Sorry, its gets old when you get robbed, raped, and are victims of crimes and you are driving to the police station or the hospital and get a ticket or pass through the toll booth and get arrested.

12. a600ccgirl

a600ccgirl Well-Known Member

By the way this cop told the judge said that tar snakes get more sticky than slick when hot and the crusty old bitch believed him. It didn't matter that I had several articles in my hand from motorcycle associations from around the world stating the opposite. Then when I requested a transcript of the trial for my appeal to the superior court, somehow...mysteriously....the tape got destroyed. Gee imagine that. Maybe judges go out and have secret doughnut eating meetings with the LEOs.

Probably getting myself in trouble here but 'thats just the facts'

13. puresportsdesigns

puresportsdesigns Yea, I guess

Dude, don't forget Hank Hill will be watching your every move now. Give him this message for me [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 23, 2002
  14. Charcoal-Pit-Racing

Charcoal-Pit-Racing Well-Known Member

==Maybe judges go out and have secret doughnut eating meetings with the LEOs.==

I once showed up in court as some dickweed was trying to sue me. He walks in, sees the judge and says "Hey Bill how ya doing? Here, have some of these yummy donuts I brought for you!"

Not a good day. :mad:

15. SClark

SClark Righteous Indignator!

ut oh... I'm going back to court now to defend the honor of cyclists, again.

WISH ME LUCK!

16. dom

dom Dom-N-Ator Racing

anyone in atlanta know if this could work of 400?

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You could try it but the law is all vehicles have to pay. I have a feeling Steve will be in jail before the day is out :D

18. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Holy crap - judicial review works, at least in this case, for the little guy. :up:

19. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

When I first read the story, all I can think was it's only a matter of time before they change that sign, then saw how old this thread is........soooo did they ever change the wording to all vehicles?

20. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

If I read that it was the same cop for the same infraction, I'm going to piss myself. :D