1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keep Zac Chapman in your thoughts and prayers

Discussion in 'General' started by BC, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

Happy Birthday Zachary. We dedicated out endurance win on Saturday to you little brother. I miss you so much and cant wait for you to come home.

2. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

Happy Birthday Zac!

I hope all the great prayers and thoughts for your health come true today!

3. redducman996

redducman996 must go faster

thoughts and prayers for you and the family. happy birthday.

4. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

HBD, Zac. Get well soon so you can celebrate next year at the track. Prayers sent daily.

5. 2old2fat2slow

2old2fat2slow DragonKnee Racing

HBD Zac! Pray for you every day brother. Won't stop until you are 100%. Our Father in Heaven is hearing your name a lot. Get better Zac!!!

6. FZR 473

FZR 473 Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday Zac. Prayers and thoughts for you daily. I will stop by to see you later this week.

7. Yuliya

Yuliya Well-Known Member

Yesterday was Zac's birthday. Happy 20th, Zac!

Jenny's updates from Monday Sep. 7:

Julia, Alannah, and I all flew back today from Virginia. We agreed it was hard to leave, but hopefully Zac will be back in Texas soon. The latest on Zac is that he is having a hard time weaning off the vent (need for specific prayer). The longer that he is on the vent, the harder it will be weaning him off. He now has MRSA and we have to wear gowns and gloves when in his room.

He is on 3 different antibiotics for infection. The Dr's have not made a final decision about the shunt for Zac. He still has the 1 drain for excess spinal fluid which is showing low output and low intracranial pressure. They are concerned what will happen if/when that is removed. We will wait for their decision, but have told them it needs to be made as soon as possible.

If they decide he needs the shunt, then Zac has to be infection free. Many of you know that the longer you are in the hospital, the greater the risk for infection, especially if you are not up walking or moving around. This could take a while. If he does not need the shunt, then we are ready to take Zac somewhere else. At his current condition, Zac is not appropriate for the Shepherd Institute in Atlanta.

If he does not show improvement at this time, he will most likely come to the LTAC in Ft. Worth. We do pray for Zac's condition to improve to the point where he is restored completely!! Our family would like nothing more than for Zac to walk back in that hospital and tell those Dr's that he knows the Great Physician and they were wrong!!!

We pray for God's will to be done, but we do ask for full restoration for Zac. Please continue in prayer that Zac will be healed, and all the praise and glory would go to our Lord and Savior!!!

By the way, many of you wished Zac a Happy Birthday and I told him that. He has many cards on the walls of his room sending get well thoughts and a few happy birthday at this time. If any of you want to send a card, the address is: Roanoke Memorial Hospital, Zac Chapman Room 972, 1906 Belleview Ave, Roanoke, VA 24014.

Attached Files:

• Zac.jpg
      Zac.jpg
      File size:
      64.8 KB
      Views:
    • Zac1.jpg
      Zac1.jpg
      File size:
      47.9 KB
      Views:
    • Zac2.jpg
      Zac2.jpg
      File size:
      53.1 KB
      Views:
    • Zac3.jpg
      Zac3.jpg
      File size:
      61.5 KB
      Views:
    • Zac4.jpg
      Zac4.jpg
      File size:
      57.4 KB
      Views:
  8. Yuliya

Yuliya Well-Known Member

More pics from Zac's room.

Attached Files:

9. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

Continued prayers sent.

10. 82Airborne

82Airborne Well-Known Member

I don't know him, but our prayers and thoughts coming from around the world! Get better buddy!

Devin

11. Yuliya

Yuliya Well-Known Member

Updates from Tuesday night Sep. 8:

Spoke with Zac's dad today. He said that the neurosurgeon has decided that Zac will need the shunt and there is a possibility that he could do this by the end of this week. When the Dr. puts in the shunt, he will also put back in the piece of Zac's skull that had to be removed in the beginning due to the swelling. Zac's temp and heart rate are good. He was able to breath some over the vent last night, but not today.

If Zac could get the shunt put in soon before anything else has a chance to happen, this would be good. We pray for Zac to stay stable and to only show improvement. We pray that the surgery to put in the shunt will go well and without any complications. We pray that Zac will recover quickly from the surgery and that he can be transported to the place that is best for him at this time. We pray for everyone involved in Zac's care that they would use their skills to take care of him and provide the best care possible. We pray for God to continue to walk beside Zac as well as his family and friends. We pray for a miracle and we ask it all in the name of Jesus knowing that He can do anything!!!! Amen

Alannah has taken the time and energy to get Zac T-shirts made. I have seen the pics of them and they are awesome. They will be sold for $15.00 each. If anyone is interested let Jenny know at [email protected], I hear the first batch is going quickly!

12. 82Airborne

82Airborne Well-Known Member

email sent for a shirt

13. SpeedTechRacing

SpeedTechRacing Speed Tech Racing

Happy B-Lated B-Day Zac! Were praying for you!

14. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

never met Zac but happy belated birthday and i hope and wish the best for you. you're in my thoughts man. i hope to get the chance to meet you at the track soon!

15. Yuliya

Yuliya Well-Known Member

Updates from Wednesday night Sep. 9:

The neurosurgeon has scheduled Zac's surgery for 1:30 on Friday. (That's 12:30 our time)They have decided to just insert the shunt and not put back in the piece of Zac's skull that had been removed due to swelling. They do not want to increase the risk of infection by doing that at the same time.

There has been an overwhelming response to the sale of Zac T-shirts. Alannah has graciously accepted the responsibility of taking orders for these. I want to say that the price for an XL shirt is $17 compared to other sizes at $15. There may be a slight delay on getting these to you as another order had to be placed!!!

Her email address is [email protected] Please contact her if you want T-shirts. Those of you that have already emailed me, I will forward your request. If she has to ship the shirts, there may be extra charge for shipping. Please continue to pray for Zac and his upcoming surgery. Much love to you all...

16. YZF Cathy

YZF Cathy Well-Known Member

I am certainly behind the times in the racing community and I read this about Zac and am floored. Fred, family, friends my thoughts are with you all and with Zac to continie to be strong and fight.

Fred I sent you an email about airline passes, let me know if I can help.

Weeble

17. Yuliya

Yuliya Well-Known Member

Updates from Zac's mom from Thu. night Sep. 10:

Just got off the phone with the night nurse and Zac's surgery has been bumped up to the first surgery at 7:15 a.m. Virginia time. That is 6:15 a.m. Texas time. I would ask that everyone pray for the surgery to go well. This is the surgery to put in the shunt.

There is also a serious need for prayer regarding where Zac will be transferred to when he is ready. His ins. is not wanting to pay for him to go to Sheperd in Atlanta, but we are in the beginning stages of getting approval. The LTAC in Ft. Worth has now stated that they will not accept him as a patient.

I am believing this is happening for a reason and trusting that the Lord knows what is best for Zac and is directing us down the right path. I would rather Zac be in another state and being well taken care of then have to be sent to a nursing home here close to us. Please help us in our earnest prayers for Zac and his complete recovery!!!

18. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Still prayin.

19. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

Prayers sent for that surgery.

20. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

+100000000