1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Economy

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Lever, Aug 18, 2009.

?

How is the economy doing?

1. Nothing - it's wait and see right now

6 vote(s)
    10.5%
  2. On the way up! I think things are starting to get better!

8 vote(s)
    14.0%
  3. The economy is improving, but it's temporary.

5 vote(s)
    8.8%
  4. The worst is far from over, and we're in for a long, hard fight to get out of this.

11 vote(s)
    19.3%
  5. Bush was bad enough, but I can't believe what I'm seeing from Obama. We're screwed!

27 vote(s)
    47.4%
  1. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

Depends on the definition of "whatever it takes"

2. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

:confused:

Butt, none the less, it's the same as every politicians' definition since I began paying attention in the `60's. "By whatever means necessary."

Last edited: Aug 21, 2009
  3. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Hey PC, why do you always use "butt" instead of "but"?

4. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

He uses stough instead of stuff too. :D

It's the Texas heat. :p

5. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

I've developed a rather large disdain for pretty much every single politician...

6. Gmaniac

Gmaniac Well-Known Member

IMO, you're NOT seeing long-term sustainable improvements in the economy. What's happening is the result of a massive stimulatory effort by many vested interests to keep the bubble inflated and restore confidence to a broken system. Think about this: If the gov't and the Fed were capable of "stimulating" us out of a recession, then why would we ever fall into one? If $3T works well, then why not use $30T or $300T on a regular basis? Everyone knows the answer.

I could go on and on, but you can NOT solve a financial leveraging problem by applying more leverage and financial engineering. It's complete nonsense, and we're making the problem worse in exchange for a very short-lived reprieve. $1T is a million a day for thousands of years. Inflation of the USD is an academic certainty at this point regardless of what the talking heads try to convince you.

The world has caught up. We are in a lot of trouble, and that's being kind.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2009
  7. Jed

Jed mellifluous

8. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

9. Jed

Jed mellifluous

So are you getting killed on your short positions or are you entirely out of the market right now?

10. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

`bout time, weedhopper!

11. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

I don't think there are enough butts around here...