1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official American at the Ulster GP thread

Discussion in 'General' started by gpstar748, Aug 7, 2009.

1. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

I dont like to think of myself as someone who toots there own horn but I know a lot of people have been interested in my upcoming trip to race in the Ulster Grand Prix in Ireland next week and well I think its pretty cool..............so heres whats going down

I will post up anything I can in this thread as far as whats happening, what I think of the course, and the best part....pictures! My girlfriend will be there taking pics when Im out riding and Ill be sure to snap some pics during my off time.

I just found out the UGP will be broadcast live via the internet on the official website, go to
    www.ulstergrandprix.net

Practice is Wednesday
    National races on Thursday
    Ulster GP International races Saturday

Im racing in all the 600 classes on Thursday and Saturday (4 races total)

Ill be #72 aboard a Yamaha R6 prepared by Mark Hamilton

Just figured Id give everyone somethin to check out next week, Ill need all the support I can get!

My goals over there.............have fun, be safe, learn a thing or two, and last but not least, qualify!!
    Definitely no plans to light the world on fire with my skills (or lack thereof), but as many know this is one step towards my dream of racing at the Isle of Man TT :clap:
    Lets hope it goes well!

Stay tuned :Pop:

2. caferace

caferace No.

Rockin' :up:

-jim

3. vonstallin

vonstallin Я - Ребенок Люциферов

Give Em Hell B !!!!

4. gpstar748

oh and I guess the thread should read "Official American(s)" as I believe Jimmy Moore will be racing there but not positive

5. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Good luck dude.

6. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

brandon did your stuff show up?

[​IMG]

7. gpstar748

ah damn, yea it did!

thanks Chris!

i wish i had lots of hair like that! LOL.........damn male pattern baldness (well not quite yet but its getting there and im only 24!!!) :eek:

8. Quik208

Quik208 Well-Known Member

Hope you kick butt over there!! Also thanks for a good deal on the forks!

9. jimmyv138

jimmyv138 Well-Known Member

Good luck over there and be safe! Make sure you hit up Craig Atkinson and Maria Costello while you're there. Maria goes by Elvis.

10. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Really hope you get good weather. That race needs a dry year. Good luck!

11. 418

418 Expert #59

Dude, best of luck. Awesome you made it. :up:

12. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Have a blast and say hi to Mark (aka "Hamster") from Dr. Dave from the AMA/Safety First!

13. gpstar748

well i finally got some internet working over here

its not the best and keeps booting me so ill have to make it brief

things are going good, just had practice and qualifying today for the national races tomorrow and the UGP 600 races on Saturday

yea thats what i said, 2 sessions of practice and then qualifying already.... :eek:

words cant really describe how insane it is doing this........my first lap out i was like sh!t, what did i get myself into
    then the more laps i got in the more comfortable i felt and the more fun it all started to become
    i will say that DVDs, video games, and car rides on the course will not ever prepare you for what it is actually like on a bike flat out in pretty much 90% of the track!!!! :wow:

i did qualify for the Ulster GP 600 races on Saturday with 1 mph to spare :)

granted i was last in qualifying but i still did it so that was my goal really............well that and have fun and i would say im having a pretty good time :D
    i know pretty much everywhere that im struggling but im just gradually building myself up for it and well see how i end up at the end of the week

thats it for now and thanks for all the support from everyone, especially the people that have helped me get here

sorry no pics right now :(

14. Stillie

Stillie Off that like Jay-Z

W00T! Stay positive brah! Give 'em hell!

15. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Will be pulling for ya! :beer:

16. random hero

random hero Banned

Great job.. stay safe and enjoy yourself!

17. Triple X

Triple X Well-Known Member

Good luck in the races!

18. britracer

britracer Well-Known Member

Great job Brandon! Congrats on qualifying. Good luck for the races. Enjoy it and pick up as many tips as possible from the road regulars. Hope things go really well.

19. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Good luck, bro!

20. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Brandon, after the F off down hill wheel stands into the (90 DEG RH Turn) then the short shoot into the next RH Turn, MATE, REALLY REALLY work on line IN and EXit of the left turn there, it will GAIN you so much free time up the HILL ( Climbimg will slow you obviously) there and into the KINDA Chicane past the farm fence there!!! It is worth so Much time dude over there, and IF you decide to put your Balls on the line, REALLY work hard on the left at the top of the hill, and carry as much speed through it as your little things will allow, as well as the next Right, and the 2 turns after that!

Remember man, Go slow in the slow stuff, and fast in th fast stuff, don't try short cuircut scratching on the slow shit, it always catches people out.

Go hard, have fun, be safe ya prick, and grab an Irish girl fast mate :beer::beer: