1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who has the best bang for your buck on tires?

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by Justin Garvin, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Ive taken 2 years off so, I'm curious what tires are doing well out there now and what kind of prices they are going for. I'm gonna be running at 180 on the rear of an Sv with a Gsxr wheel with a 120 on front. They can be slick or dots

2. etemplet

etemplet Well-Known Member

Me to bro 2 years and just got back on the track. I bought a set of Pirelli's for my R6. They felt pretty good but I'm just getting used to the bike. The front was a tad vague but it stuck pretty good. I wasn't setting the world on fire by any stretch. I went from a 190 Dunlop to the 180 Pirelli so I probably have some set up issues.

I'd like to try Dunlop's because I've always like their fronts.

Good luck man !!

3. vcr12 pit crew

vcr12 pit crew Well-Known Member

spend the extra cash for the Dunlop's! you wont be dissappointed!

4. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Bridgestone FTW

5. ethridge72

ethridge72 Well-Known Member

:stupid:

6. Captain Squid

Captain Squid Well-Known Member

Hell yeah, nothing like the 211's..........or even the 209's :beer:

7. Josh Whitehead

Josh Whitehead Crash Test Dummy

:stupid:

8. hazbin69

hazbin69 forgot'n crewman

scottys right 4 once

9. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Well...

What is the rider weight.. What HP is the SV making and is the suspension good?

Where are you riding? Racing? If so, sprints...endurance? There's a lot of good tires. Do you want to show up with your rubber or buy it trackside?

10. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Yeah that too

11. Gorilla

Gorilla Let me push on that bitch

Michelin Power Ones FWIW there contingency is the $hit usually takes only two or three day to get money on your card. The V front and the B rear are the beez kneez just my 0.02

12. benprobst

benprobst Well-Known Member

The Michelins have rocked this year. The C rear has been fantastic. As a sprint tire it gets faster and faster with heat cycles and laps until it finally falls off. As an endurance tire it has been phenominal, it can lack a little bit in drive grip at the start of the race, but 2 or 3 hours in you are going to be getting damn near the exact same traction as when new. Its consistency and predictability makes it the best endurance tire I have even been on. Toss the awesome trackside vendors, highest paying and fastest paying contingency, and the wicked good V front they are really hard to beat.

13. firecat

firecat Well-Known Member

This is a wise man and he has given you excellent advice.

For our team...the extra cash to move up to the Dunlops actually worked out in our favor after you consider how long the Dunlops last! We get more quality races out of our tires than we ever did buying a cheaper brand.

14. keg0900

keg0900 none ya

Justin

we did some pretty good times on Bridgestones from Stickboy when we raced together. of course the price is good and the vendor is great :up:

15. MOTOXAZ

MOTOXAZ Well-Known Member

I am new to race tires and was just curious what type of Dunlop everyone is using and really likes? ill be on an r6.

16. ethridge72

ethridge72 Well-Known Member

NTECS !!! Slicks or D211 Dots.

17. MOTOXAZ

what is the difference between D211 DOTs and NTECs

18. firecat

firecat Well-Known Member

Both are great tires...both are made in England.

Go with the NTEC slicks if you aren't running any Supersport races...211 DOT's if you are....you certainly won't regret putting either tire on your bike.:up:

19. MOTOXAZ

Yea i got a tracked out R6 and running mid back in intermediate. still a little new to the track and have always been a fan of dunlop and just trying to figure out what tire to put on the bike.