1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To Everyone Whom Came to VMD... Thanks.

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Silo Pete, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

To all that raced this past weekend at VMD, thanks for coming out. Saturday was difficult with the rain, but Sunday I think the schedule went well. Great racing. I hope everyone that showed up had a good time with friends and fellow racers.

2. redducman996

redducman996 must go faster

oh it was fun on Saturday in the rain, congrats to Joe Ball on his 1st place on Sat. and the great race on Sunday that was the most fun all year :)

3. RENCRN8

RENCRN8 Fornicate Sailor Jerry

Yeah I had a blast despite wrecking in the rain on Saturday while leading the novices. Oh well I guess that is what I get for pushing hard in the rain.

Came back and won two races today, well won in the Novice ranks anyways. Thansk to Chris and Charlie for the great racing in Stars LWT and the Kurt for the fun in MTT!

All in all was a fun weekend...

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Great racing guys! Thanks to everyone riders and officials. I think the event went better than could be expected and hopefully we'll be involved in some way next year too. I would like better weather so I can get to the swap meet at some point :D

5. stickman

stickman crash free since 5/6/07

That sidecar race on saturday was just too cool. When can wera have a vintage sidecar class?

6. charles

charles The Transporter

I think with a sidecar class, Mongo will be tempted to be on the grid...:up:

7. joec

joec brace yourself

how many times have sidecars been talked about at summit? there are 2 rigs in baltimore. those sidecars guys travel too! tons of them up around the north east.

8. Steve 976

Steve 976 Well-Known Member

Mongo, great job this weekend. Please tell all your guys great job in the rain. I hope WERA is running it again in the future. See you at Talladega.

9. 02R6

02R6 The dude abides

Good to see you, Pete. It was a fun event all things considered.

10. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

well done guys. pete was in the mix on sunday and had a great battle for the lead all race.

race 10 was good both days. joe beat flis on saturday then flis won on sunday. great battle on sunday, sure looked like fun.

i had a nice surprise while riding my '77 CB750F down there on friday night...

about 30 miles from the track all of a sudden my bike sounded WAAAAY faster.....the baffle blew straight out of the canister leaving me with a wide open megaphone. instant custom. :rolleyes:instant headache!
    just before it blew out, my passenger was nodding off as i could feel her helmet bumping on my back. BAM! she said she was wide awake the rest of the ride.

on the way to the track sunday morning my dad finds the baffle! it had melted in to the concrete and had to be kicked several times to break free. we found a bolt at the swap meet to hold it back in place and joe ball gave me some loctite. made it home safe and sound....as i was approaching our warehouse i ran it hard through the gears and BAM!!! out she went again!

perfect timing.

11. southsidejack

southsidejack Well-Known Member

I had a good time until the wreck in the 10th race saturday. I hope WERA can be back next year. Thanks to the MIZE Mobile guy he sold me tires for my Hawk Friday. I didn't plan on riding it but the 350 blew up in Friday practice.

12. KBAR50

KBAR50 New Member

Just wanted to say thanks to all the racers that did show up and support the race and for the patience and flexibility as we made changes to make sure we could get all the races in. Overall I think the event turned out pretty well all things considered. We had a great bunch of racers parked in the paddock this year and I hope you'll all be back next year.

I'd also like to thank Sean, Evelyne and the staff that they brought for jumping in and helping out with the event, you folks are awesome and I look forward to working with all of you again, and I can't forget to thank Jim Pooler for all his help in the Technical area and pre-event planning.

Good luck in all your other events this year and we'll see you at the track......

Kevin Crowther
    AMA Racing

13. NYCNorton

NYCNorton Holmeslice

I can't remember when the last time the race director came into my paddock and asked me how they could improve. Very cool. The weekend went off well (except for the rain - couldn't someone do something about that?). The event was very well organized, and it was nice to have concise riders' meetings, tech, etc. I was happy that when we got 3rd call for practice we didn't sit waiting to go out for 30 minutes as often is the case. I was also very impressed that the organization seemed to listen to the racers and move up the schedule on Sunday to get the racing in before the rain. Thank you.

As for attendance: there are lots of reasons why folks didn't come, as we know. But I believe a lot of it was a "wait-and-see" attitude, and I want to state that anyone who was waiting to see should come down and make this the event it's meant to be.

Also, it's nice for us vintage guys to be acknowledged after the day's racing. The awards ceremony is a nice touch that we don't always get.

Toss in a little purse for the winners of the races (Jim Hinshaw can tell you about this) and you'll fill the grids next year.

:up:

14. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

I'll add my thanks to everyone involved. It seemed like the event management went well, despite the lack of cooperation from mother nature on Saturday. Flis and I had a great battle on Sunday that was a total blast, and I don't think my heart rate is still quite back to normal after my outside pass into T1.

Congratulations to all the other racers. Thanks to: my pit mates, Tristan, Pete, Erin, Scott, and Wes Orloff, our other pit crew members, friends and family that helped out, the corner workers in the crappy weather or hot sun depending on which day, and all the officials. I loved seeing all the spectators, which makes it really fun to be out there.

I especially appreciated a compliment from Evelyne on Sunday after the races. For a journeyman racer like myself, that means a lot.

15. bj

bj Well-Known Member

Thanks to all the WERA folks that worked their butts off so we could race. Great job. You guys are the best.

After seeing how well the event was run, maybe more riders will show up next year.

16. Zephyr

Zephyr Tank Killer

This is such an awesome event and it was great to be able to participate in it.

Thanks goes to WERA and AMA Sports for everything they did!

The awards ceremony was cool to watch :up:

17. x_files

x_files Active Member

Despite the rain Saturday and throwing the bike down under the Honda bridge while chasing Mike Flis in Stars HW, I thoroughly enjoyed the weekend. This is in no small part due to the solid, heads-up race directing by the WERA crew. Great job Saturday managing through the rain and then moving up Sunday's schedule up to keep us in the dry. As I pulled out at 4pm yesterday rain drops were hitting the windshield.

I'd also like to say a huge thanks to my pit-mates / crash repair crew: Erin, Joe, Wes, Tris, Pete, and Wade - thanks guys and look forward to doing it all again soon (except for the crash repair aspect)!

18. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Had a great time too despite the monsoon and my less than stellar riding Sunday. Wish I could afford to do some more!

19. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Crap! I just checked Mylaps and saw there were 8 finishers in STARS MW saturday; stupid me didn't put in for tire money!

20. 02R6

02R6 The dude abides

Hey Tristan, I don't think we know each other, but I was recently informed that I have a picture of you:

[​IMG]

Obviously it's not the greatest image around but there you have it :up: