Track day boots

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by Hitman812, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Hitman812

Hitman812 Well-Known Member

2. Freddy

Freddy Well-Known Member

I think as long as they are "over the ankle". Check with your TD provider just to be safe.

You might want to pony up for a "real" pair. Buy some used.

3. Dissevered

Dissevered Well-Known Member

They may let you in the beginners group with those, but it varies with different track days.

I personally would not want to wear them. Even with all the gear we wear, people still get hurt. The less you wear the bigger the risk...

4. shift96

shift96 Well-Known Member

Why do people think they don't need the best protection for a track day? You can hit the ground just as hard as if you were racing. The pavement is no softer at a track day. Get a good set of race boots and the best leathers you can afford. End of story:beer:

5. shift96

6. Hitman812

I was just trying to not buy 2 sets of boots. Not to be a dick but if they protect your foot and ankle why do they need to run up to your calf? Just wandering?????? You have leather on your calves????

7. shift96

My leathers are tucked into my boots which have thick plastic over the entire shin area. Nothing like getting a peg in your shin or worse. Trying to skimp on protection at the track is probably the dumbest thing to do. Not trying to be a dick but just trying to get the message across that injuries happen. I've seen some real bad stuff. Get the best protection there is and have fun. Personally, I would get full race protection. You can't stop in mid air or mid slide and put more protection on.

Why 2 sets of boots? I wear my race boots when I take my street bike out. I just put my pants over them. Super comfortable.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
  8. Hitman812

Cool. Im looking on ebay see if I can get a used pair of full race boots. Trying not to spend $600 on boots alone. Thanks

9. shift96

I bought Oxtar boots and they were right around $200.00 if I recall. Give or take a few bucks. They are really a nice boot with alot of protection

10. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

yeah, you can wear the full size boots under jeans and still walk around in them. for the price of those astars you can get closeout boots that offer more protection.

11. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

You can get a pretty good set of used racing boots here for $200 also.

12. Dissevered

Dissevered Well-Known Member

I spent 99 dollars on my oxtars and I think they are awesome.

13. speed_junke

speed_junke Well-Known Member

i got a pair of sidi boots off here for $150 which was a amazing deal but my first track day i wore a pair of old black leather army boots that i had laying around.....what size shoe do u wear? If u can fit em ill send em to u if you pay for shipping

14. speed_junke

speed_junke Well-Known Member

here they are, i wear a size 10 1/2 shoe...these should fit from a 10 to maybe a 11

Attached Files:

15. Hitman812

i bought a pair of TCX competition S. Got a killer deal on them. Thanks for the advice.

16. jkrueger

jkrueger Well-Known Member

i just got a set of very gently used supertechs for 100 shipped to my door, look around