1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Ducati import numbers ASAP

Discussion in 'General' started by xsr71x, Jun 30, 2009.

1. xsr71x

xsr71x Old Member

How many 2001 Ducati Monsters were imported to the US in 2001?

Long story, but I am being held in contempt of court because I own an "EXOTIC ITALIAN MOTORCYCLE"

I really wish this wasn't true but it is. BTW it has tank dents on both sides and rash on both exhaust pipes when I purchased it, and to top it off it was a Dark.

I googled a little but I'm hoping someone can help me show how unexotic this bike is.

2. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

3. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

No idea what model you have but this might help.

"The Monster family was up 2% in 2001. On a worldwide basis, the Monster S4, our highest margin model, was most popular in this family, selling over 5,500 units, an impressive figure in its first year. And the new Monster 620 injection is showing all the signs of being a great success."

http://www.ducati.com/temp/images/P...f;jsessionid=2DTACDD2EF5COCRNCB2SFEYKFUIHUIV3

4. derby369

derby369 Well-Known Member

5. xsr71x

xsr71x Old Member

6. caferace

caferace No.

When all is said and done, we'd appreciate the backstory. :D

-jim

7. sdg

sdg *

+1

8. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

9. UberRacing

UberRacing Well-Known Member

More drama???

I "heard" it had something to do with an ex-AMA FX monster dark that.........:D

10. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

If the issue is the value of the bike, look up the blue book and show how it is worth just about the same as an exotic japanese bike that had a similar MSRP. I have a book at home with most Ducati production rates, I seem to recall there were 3000-4000 imported in 2001 but I don't remember exactly. It's not like it's a Bimota or Mv Agusta.....

11. LabRat

LabRat Well-Known Member

Good luck, to a decent amount of people out there a Ducati is a 2 wheel Ferrari and therefore an Exotic Italian.

The back story must be good!

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Subscribed

13. xsr71x

xsr71x Old Member

back story -
    Wife moved out July 23, 2008 while I was at work came home to a 100% empty house. Luckily had the only keys to storage building.
    agreed to settle Aug 13, 2008. Wife keeps trying to change agreement until my attorney and I send back a signed copy of the original agreement in Dec!

Divorce is Final Dec9th

Mid March I sell a BMW (for $1700 upside down) her name is on the title, the exchange has to take place in narrow window as there was a lien on the car and an out of state buyer on Ebay. She starts the well my lawyer..blah blah blah.. I explain it to the guy, sign my name and give him the title he says he'll get it figured out.

I make $444 a week, and the mortgage is $1375/mo anyone can see that those numbers don't work well. Being wise I bought a used car for $7250, and a very used Monster for $3000 as transportation.

She is suing me for contempt because I haven't refi'd the house (because no one wants the risk the math doesn't add up I wouldn't loan me money right now)

same goes for not making Credit card payments (Again, simply don't have the money)

She gets a letter from the state about the BMW because the registration expired, she isn't smart enough to simply call me for the new buyers info. I got 4 of these letters for the jeep I gave her in the divorce.

then there is the 401K issue...she want's 1/3 of what was there in Aug, not in Dec after the markets tanked. And she feels I bought this exotic Italian motorcycle with her share of the 401k money.

Personally I think she's pissing in the wind on all counts...we offered her the 1/3 of 401K back in March and her attorney refused the check, so at this point I'm scratching my head.

Owe

14. xsr71x

xsr71x Old Member

Nah that is a whole different ball of wax, but again I was right the judge was wrong, just took him a few phone calls before he decided that he really screwed up and need a legal background rather than that of a washed up cop.

15. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

From Ian Falloon's "Standard Catalog of Ducati Motorcyles", pp183-206, 2004:

Total M900 world 2000 production was 6,393
    Total M900 world 2001 production was 2,782
    Total M400,600,620 world 2000 production was 8,179
    Total M400,600,620 world 2001 production was 8,823
    Total M750 world 2000 production was 3,910
    Total M750 world 2001 production was 1,978

Many of the bikes made in 2000 were 2001 models. I see 1,024 of the 2001 M900 DARK's were part of the 6,393 made in 2000.

In 2001 they were transitioning to a new frame and production was lower until they got the 2002's out based on the newer S4 frame and different ECU.

It is not 100% clear how many were US models due to there being a couple hundred versions listed in a huge table. Maybe around half.

From 1993 to 2001, Ducati made 94,745 monsters.

Would it be worse to drive a $3000 Ducati, or a $15,000 American common Harley? Just because they made fewer Ducati's than Harley's doesn't mean they are more expensive to operate, or a rare exotic. They are bikes that get over 50mpg and can be found cheap, that's about it.....