1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beaverun practice friday 6/19

Discussion in 'General' started by forceten, Jun 9, 2009.

1. tony715

tony715 Well-Known Member

Thanks to twisting the arm of one of my sponsors, Cycle control, we may have a practice day.

Here's what we're thinkin':

Afternoon practice from 12-5. We want to run two groups of open practice. depending on who and how many we get will depend on how the two groups are structured. We can get input and discuss that at the track. Of course the cost is always a point of importance so we need to get some idea of how many riders would like to attend.

so if you haven't done so, post here if your in. Ian from cycle control will be looking in a bit later to take a head count and let everyone know if it's a go!

He has already contacted the track so he has things in the works.

We will not be accepting any cherry pickers! so if your name is Rollie Manollie you are not welcome! :moon: jk.

you can check out Cycle Control at cyclecontrol.com

2. IanYoung

IanYoung Turn 6 Master

Thanks Tony!

As Tony said, we're trying to put something together here last minute. The half day may not work out since a large portion of the cost is the Ambulance and Insurance.... But we need everyone's input.

If we do a half day we're looking at about $100-$110 for something like Noon to 5pm.

If we do the full day it'll likely be $140 - $150 for 9am - 5pm.

I'm still working on the deal with the guys at the track, so I'd like a good idea of how many people are COMMITTED before I really talk price.

We're not looking to make money on this, just provide a nice day for everyone.... plus I wanna ride too!

Let me know guys... and quickly please :up:

BTW we can even setup a link on our site for you to pay via PayPal or CC. :)clap: for hiding it from the wife)

Questions? Comments? Concerns?

:beer:

Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
  3. bacolmm

bacolmm Well-Known Member

Ian,

I'm not committed yet, but if the weather's good and I can get off work I'd love to do it!

4. Fireball

Fireball Well-Known Member

I intend to do the practice.

Sam Williams

5. IanYoung

IanYoung Turn 6 Master

OK here is what I can gather from this thread.

These guys seem pretty interested:
    1. Tony715
    2. Frenchier6
    3. Toxic Racing2
    4. BlakeKelly27
    5. Clem
    6. Forcten
    7. Ton
    8. Bullockcm
    9. RollieManollie
    10. Fireball
    Bacolmm is a maybe.. you know you'll be there Matt!

If you are listed, please let me know for sure if you want to stay on the list... I just grouped names from this thread. If you're not on the list, please add your self!! The target is at least 30!

Let's make it happen.

6. redducman996

redducman996 must go faster

count me in

7. gillianthree

gillianthree Well-Known Member

Is this open to WERA only? Can guys from Fasttrax participate? Is so count me in!

8. Frenchier6

Frenchier6 I'm just being me

yup... keep me on the list :up:

9. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

Damn it....just don't stick me in the Beginner group again. Last time I was like the only person out there..lol!

I'm in! Already took the day off from work! :up:

10. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

The only thing I'm concerned about is will the lunch wagon be open when we are there? :Poke:

11. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

Ian, I am definately in! That is as long as nobody minds a relatively slow vintage 2 stroke bike smoking around the track ;)

Won't matter if it is full day or half day, I need the setup time. If it is a full day it would be nice to be able to show up and camp Thursday night if possible.

Thanks!
    Mitch
    WERA #245

12. Fireball

Fireball Well-Known Member

Vintage smoke is the best kind. See you there.

Sam Williams SCVR (Summit County Vintage Racers)

13. IanYoung

IanYoung Turn 6 Master

It'll be open to anyone that is comfortable at a normal "A" group track day pace.

We'll be setting the groups based on who shows up. If we get 10 strong "I" group guys I'm sure we can accommodate... but no "B" guys, sorry.

I'm not sure about the Lunch truck!

Adding redducman996 and gillianthree we're about 1/2 way there.

CALL ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS GET THEM OUT!!!

14. EricRoyal

EricRoyal Racer/Trackday Owner

This is Eric Spector from apex2apex.net. I would gladly help assist on that day and still pay to ride. We did the promoter practice last year for both wera events but this year we are only doing promoter practice for Friday September 4 for the Wera triple regional event where right now first 10 spots only $100 bucks. Let me know what help you need. I can also send out email to our instructors who should be racing that weekend anyway.

15. IanYoung

IanYoung Turn 6 Master

Eric, I'm still working the deal with the guys at the track. I appreciate the offer to help out, I'll keep you in the loop.

Definitely e-mail or call anyone you think would like to attend... that would be the biggest help.

16. EricRoyal

EricRoyal Racer/Trackday Owner

Yes, I would like to attend. Add me to ur list. Beaver is Great!

17. IanYoung

IanYoung Turn 6 Master

We're getting closer!! I need to have a final count by Tuesday.

Eric, check your PM's.

18. Matthias Schaub

Matthias Schaub Spiegler guy

Count me in.

19. gillianthree

gillianthree Well-Known Member

Did you set the price yet? What is the easiest for you cash, check or credit?

20. IanYoung

IanYoung Turn 6 Master

Cash would be best since there are no CC processing fees involved. I can do credit card if you pre-register... I can't process the cards at the track. I would prefer not to deal with checks, but can as a last resort.

It's looking like $150 for the full day.... but we still need some people. About 35 is our break even point. If we can't get to 30 it probably won't happen... unless we up the price; which I would prefer not to do.

I think we're at about 17-18 attendees right now. If you know of anyone that is planning on coming that has not posted please post up!!