All Bicyclists I Know Are Like This

Discussion in 'General' started by YamahaRick, Jun 2, 2009.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Lighten up Francis. There is no one on here that would consciously run a vehicle into a cyclist in spite of what they say. What you are catching is a glimpse of the attitude cyclist can generate by their own self absorbed behavior. Learn from it. There are some that will not show restraint.

And yes, I have been hit by someone that decided to slap me in the back at a significant speed differential. It hurts like hell. The fact I learned from that little incident when I was 10 is that a cyclist will not win an argument with a motor vehicle.

2. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Way to go ACREE... just screw up my whole damn afternoon. This shit was just getting fun. :D

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Ruining your day is more fun than smacking cyclists.:D

4. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

:D

Sometimes you are such a Dick. :p

5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I had to explain the laws of physics to a jogger in our business complex the other day. Running out in front of my truck to avoid the sprinklers is going to hurt worse than 3 ounces of cold pond water in the face. Some peoples children.....

6. :D Well in this case I would say me. Since you are trying to flee, I have reached for my gun, now lying or standing in the road aiming. By the time you realize "oh shit that fool has a gun" your too late reaching for yours.:Poke::D

Nah I haven't carried my sidearm while I ride. I probably should but it would weigh me down :crackup:

7. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Who said I was trying to flee. It's just a cyclist. :p

Damn, I can't imagine trying to ride with a pitol on me. My lazy ass would want to be as light as possible... since I'm heavy enough without equipment. Could put a small pistol in my little underseat tool bag though. I don't have a small pistol. Need to get one though. Mine is too damn big for conceal carry.

8. Sucka...you betta flee. I had to restrain from dragging the cleat bolted to the bottom of my shoe down the side of this guy in his wifes minivan one day. Neighbor and I were riding inline on the white line and he goes by right next to us (no room hardly) and blows his horn. Little did he know that he would be 5 cars deep in traffic at the 4 way up ahead. He was trying like hell to get traffic moving so he could get through the light when he seen we were coming up on him. :D Looked like a drunk that just woke up from a pass out session. He got way over in his seat as I came up to the side of his van.:D Little ole me and this guy was scared. :D

9. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Dude, you should have trashed his shit. :D

I kicked a dent in a Chicago cab a few years ago when the assclown kept coming over into me in downtown traffic. I was on my VFR. We were all merging to one lane on Michigan Ave due to construction. He started cursing me( I think... he wasn't from around here... meaning the US :D ) then I put the bike in neutral and dropped the kickstand down and stood up... he shut up. :p

10. CNI Dawg

CNI Dawg Well-Known Member

Back in my day you could only wear black shorts (they were all wool or cotton back then)
    and white sox

Seems they had a dam good reason for the black shorts !!!

11. twentyone

twentyone Well-Known Member

It's always amazing how quiet they get when you catch them at the lights.

12. MrWheeler

MrWheeler Well-Known Member

I'm pretty serious about my cycling addiction, can't imagine life without it. That said, I think people who ride on the roads here are pretty stupid. Lots of high-speed blind corners and no shoulder. Many act like assholes most of the time on top of those risks and richly deserve to be 'dead right'.

13. MrWheeler

MrWheeler Well-Known Member

S/W Airweight.

14. svtinker

svtinker Well-Known Member

I just pray I'm too injuried to strangle the bastard that stops to help after running me down.

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

What makes you think they will stop?:D

16. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

Monty-he was just f-ing with you

John-stop messing with my homie :D

now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

17. f4capt

f4capt Zoinks!

Sooner or later if you ride on the streets around here in the DC suburbs of Norther Va. you will be sharing the pavement with other road kill or be sharing the tree on the side of the road with your skull. Mountain bike trails for me.

18. FastRR

FastRR Well-Known Member

Reminds me of a short ride up South Mountain in Phoenix... there was a cute cyclist girl in pink bike shorts riding up the road... man I wanted to reach out and smack that butt! :D ... and yes I am positive it was a girl... she had boobs.

19. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I'm pretty sure MCR knew I was f-ing with him. He's been around here long enough to "know me". :D

If he didn't realize it then he's just a bit off of his game today. ;)

It's that other guy that thought I was serious. :D

20. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

yeah I was speaking to TZ925...Monty.