1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Honda generator for tire warmers

Discussion in 'Tech' started by shawn449, May 4, 2009.

1. shawn449

shawn449 Biscuit

Iam looking to get one of those quiet honda generators. I want it to run just one set of T-2 warmers. My question is what size generator do I need...Honda EU 1000i or EU 2000i. ....will the 1000 work?

2. Dr. GoFast

Dr. GoFast Well-Known Member

2000 is best. warmers pull 1200 watts on average and even if your's pull 1000 you'll be maxing the 1000 out (not good).

3. tony715

tony715 Well-Known Member

will work but will not work well.

4. CNI Dawg

CNI Dawg Well-Known Member

I tried my buddy's Honda EU1000 with my DMP tire warmers.
    It tripped with both warmers on - would only run one warmer :(
    Suggest you get the EU2000 - then you can run both warmers and a fan

5. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

I have the EU2000 and it works great! Honda Power Equiptment card has 0 interest, 0 payments and 0 down for 12 months right now too!

6. jb_11

jb_11 Well-Known Member

I run T2's on an EU1000 without any problems.

7. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Tyrsox and PD warmers work fine with 1000 W also.

8. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Anybody have any experience running 2 sets of warmers on a Honda 2000? I believe it should work. I was at Grattan Sat with a buddies borrowed 6250 watt gen and it's kinda loud....so loud that the kind gentlemen next to us...sorry I didn't get your name asked us if we would rather plug into his motorhome outlet and kill our screaming generator. We did and it was just about as quiet as a church......thanks again.

9. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

yep......no problem I do it all the time.

10. keg62

keg62 Well-Known Member

Hey Razr,

If you are looking for a quiet generator I will have the new Yamaha EF2000is invertor for sale @ Nelson Ledges.

11. emry

emry Can you count? 50 Fucking what?

+1 on the Yamaha's. You can carry them on your shoulder like a boom box. No problems with a set of Chicken Hawks and a fan.

12. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

It works, but keep an eye on things. We had some small issues where the warmers weren't heating quite as much as with one set plugged in. We ended up going to a 3k watt generator just to be safe. Plus we could then run fans and such as well. YRMV.

13. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

There is no problem in any way to run a set of T2 warmers on a Honda 1000. It works great.

14. Bad Dog

Bad Dog Well-Known Member

Yep, no problems, and tack on a fan, coffee perk, :beer:

A 1000 your cutting it close, and if you want to run other stuff, your maxed out, just get the 2000.

15. tony715

tony715 Well-Known Member

my .02. 2000 watts isn't enough for two sets of warmers. they will work but they will not get hot. you need at least 3000 watt for 2 sets.

16. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Agreed. Your warmers might be different. We ran two sets of Woodcrafts this year and they didn't get as hot with two sets, as they did with one. This was with the Honda EU2000.

We've now got the Yamaha 3000 and it's no problem (with both Woodcrafts and Chicken Hawks). Like I said though, your results may vary.

17. Bad Dog

Bad Dog Well-Known Member

Funny, we did it for years and all our tires got hot, thanks though for telling me they were actually cold, :rolleyes:

Matter of fact, we tried 3 sets but that popped the breaker, so we ran 2 sets and one front, :up: