1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

first time endurance rider(questions)

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by rcman, May 25, 2009.

1. rcman

rcman Well-Known Member

Hey, my buddy and I are entering an endurance race in ontario, canada... its 3 hours long and the track is pretty gentle on tires, were going to be running an 07 600rr honda... now here's some questions so far

were going to be running pirelli's( will one set last?)

fuel, no dry brake thingamajigger lol how many tanks does a bike burn in 3 hours??

strategy, there's gonna be two of us, 30 minute sessions?? or shorter or longer?

food? what should we eat or do during the race???

how many pit guys should we get, I know we need on holding a fire extinguisher...

its our first time and its gonna be fun! we just need some type of direction to go in for this round

any other input/advice would be awesome!

2. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

in order:

Don't know Pirellis that well but the tires should go three hours unless you are really flying, slow down a bit near the end if they're going off.

Depends on the track and how fast it is. A superstock R6 went over an hour at Grattan, and less than 50 minutes at Road Atlanta.

Strategy says come in as little as possible, so just change at the gas stops. For two people during a three hour you might want to split the last session so each gets about the same amoiunt of track time.

Hydrate ahead of time, gatorade is good, water, eat a banana and some carbs

The more pit people you have the easier it is. If you are not changing tires, four is plenty, rider getting on to hold the bike, one on the fire extinguisher, one on the gas, and the guy getting off is getting the guy getting on how the bike was doing.

Good luck, three hours is really just a long sprint race...:D

3. rcman

rcman Well-Known Member

Thanks joe!!! Great info, gives me something to work from. It's our first endurance race so were really in the dark. Thanks again!!

4. vcr12 pit crew

vcr12 pit crew Well-Known Member

we used pirelli's a few years ago on a 600 endurance racing... the best we could do is 1 1/2- 2 hrs on a rear and 3 hours on a front....maby things have gotten better?

you should be abe to get atleat 45 min on a stock tank of fuel.... for the pits you would IDEALY have a one for gas, one for fire extinguisher and 2 for a tire change...but you can make due with less....good luck to you!

5. chinto

chinto Active Member

I'm assuming your talking about the SOAR ebdurance round on the 13th? If so I'll see you there. We'll be riding an F3 (#12). Did you come out to round 1 (sprints only) as well?

I can't offer much insight on the endurance side of things. This is my first official endurance race as well. One thing I will say though is make sure you have a good way of communicating when the rider wants to come in. If you don't have radio communication it's not a bad idea to wire in an led light behind the windshield that you can flip on when you want to come in.

6. quikcoiln

quikcoiln Well-Known Member

Yep he's talk about the SOAR round...

I think holding your hand up is enough of a signal to inform the pit crew you're coming in next lap... or flip them the bird lol... whatever hahaha

We're going to be running my 600RR #128

Should be fun!

7. chinto

chinto Active Member

cool. see you there. You guys running the sprints too, or just the endurance?

8. quikcoiln

quikcoiln Well-Known Member

Well we just found out that we're heading up to Mt. Tramblant thursday and friday for endurance track days LOL ... then driving the 8 hours to Cayuga on friday night for saturday endurance hahahahaha, this is going to be nuts!