UFC...Spoiler alert!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Shenanigans, May 24, 2009.

1. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Glad to see Rashart Evans got dominated by Lyoto Machido! Wonder how he enjoyed nap time? Also Congrats to Matt Hughes on his dec over Serra.

2. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Damn it man, first UFC fights I miss in years, and everybody I want to win, wins. I can't wait to see Evans KO'd :clap:. Only bad part about that is Rampage won't get a piece now. :beer:

3. MrOgle

MrOgle I love college!

Several fools got knocked out last night.

4. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

I did not see the Serra/Hughes fight the same as the judges.

5. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

It was a damn good fight but I thought they called it right. Though it was unanimous I bet it was very close votes. Then again, I rarely watch that stuff so I really don't know where they score things.

6. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

i agree. i think it could have went either way, but like the way it turned out. i hate Serra and while Hughes didnt dominate, i think he controlled the fight more than Serra did.

7. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Crap, I was hoping that Hughes knocked Serra the fk out.....dang...

8. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

nah, but Hughes got caught with a head but and then a couple shots that almost knocked him out. he was able to recover tho.

9. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

They said Hughes got accidental headbutt followed by a hard shot..believe all judges scored 29-28

10. lrckmotogp

lrckmotogp Well-Known Member

KEEP crying about that inbred Hughes. He got his ass beat by a frog REPEATEDLY GSP, once GSP lost that starstruck look in his eye. Hughes and Serra are both over the hill. Before everybody jumps up butt hurt about the inbred Hughes one name Kid Yamoto.
    And Serra lost to GSP once but at least didn't cry about it then get his ass kicked again!!! oh ya Serra knocked GSP out did Hughes ever do that???

11. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I can't believe how popular this shit is. There are amateur cage fighting groups everywhere now. :wow:

12. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

I was so stoked to see Evans KTFO. The whole bar went crazy and the guy next to me was talking shit the whole night on how Evans was going to kick the shit out of Machida. I didn't say anything back to him ever and it was epic how he threw money on the bar and stormed out swearing lol.

People may not like Hughes but you can't deny he has had an awesome career and Serra will never be half the fighter Hughes ever was. He always fought the toughest competition and took a lot of fights on short notice and fought when his opponents didn't make weight.

Serra did a lot for the sport and is an awesome fighter but never defended the belt one time and that is what is required to really be the champ in my eyes. His lucky punch against GSP is his claim to fame, shit Shonie carter knocked him out with a spinning backfist and almost did it again on TUF lol

I was surprised he did so well against Hughes, I wonder if the headbutt and punch to the back of the head dazed Hughes for more than the first round.

Been a fan of mma since the beginning there even better live.

13. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

the only thing Serra has done is get lucky against GSP. but atleast you're very rational is your assesments....

14. gixxersmitty

gixxersmitty Well-Known Member

Hughes obviously has/had talent as a fighter but hes got a shitty atittude.

15. vance

vance *

Maybe this should be another thread, but I have thought for a while that Anderson Silva and GSP would be an awesome fight. Love them both, but in the end, I think a great "Big" man always beats a great "small" man. (see gsp vs penn). So I'd give the edge to Silva
    But now I'm thinking silva vs machida would be about the best fight possible.
    Either great or ungodly boring because each would be waiting on the other.....

16. Lvninja

Lvninja Well-Known Member

Yes you will, Lyoto will beat Rampage (with kicks) sending Rampage back down to work his way back up to a title fight as will Evens and will see them fight then. I cant want to see Lyoto and Silva fight. That will be the fight of the year.:up:

17. MrOgle

MrOgle I love college!

Machida/Silva fight will most likely never happen as they are friends and have said they won't fight each other.

18. lrckmotogp

lrckmotogp Well-Known Member

Luck only goes so far when 170 pound dudes are throwing 4oz gloves. Did you accurately see that fight Serra Knocked the shit out of GSP his eyes were open that's not luck. But there going to be a couple of Diaz brothers fights coming up!

19. N23

N23 Active Member

I am a Rashad fan but was glad to see Machida take the belt, it goes well deserved.
    Watching him fight is like watching the real life Ryu, lol.

And I thought Serra was robbed of that win.
    He did more on top in the last 10sec of the 3rd than Hughes did the whole 2nd round.
    But neither of their performances were that impressive.
    Hughes should just end his career with that win.