False "rev limiter"

Discussion in 'Tech' started by hazelba, Apr 4, 2009.

1. hazelba

hazelba Active Member

I have a gsxr 600 that suddenly started to hit a "rev limiter" at about 10k rpm under load. It happens in every gear. Any ideas?

2. ginness72

ginness72 Well-Known Member

does it bounce like it's hitting off the limiter or does it fall on it's face with no power and then pick up again. like the motor just dies rite out. i know it sounds stupid but there is a difference. could be the secondary throttle actuator

3. ginness72

ginness72 Well-Known Member

is the fI light on?

4. jkrueger

jkrueger Well-Known Member

did you dick with the left hand controls?

5. hazelba

hazelba Active Member

I didn't mess with the left side controls. It is more like dying and picking back up and the FI light is not on. Also I said it is under load and I was wrong it doesn't matter if it is on the road or in neutral. Thanks for the responses.

6. whitey21

whitey21 umm...yeah.

i had a bike that when you reved it up to around 9 or 10k it would cut out. it was the tip over sensor. i had wrecked and busted it internally. so when it would vibrate alot it would trip the sensor. just a thought. idk if this will help or not.

7. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

my 07 gsxr 600 was doin samd thing. it was a bAd injector, i replaced the whole unit and was good to go.

8. hazelba

hazelba Active Member

is there a test for the injectors?

9. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

they put mine on the dyno and plugged it into computer. Wasnt showing any codes.