1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: Gophers

Discussion in 'General' started by RoadRacerX, Apr 2, 2009.

?

How should I deal with the pesky gophers?

1. Let 'em live. Wear Joe Morris model Birkenstocks while burning incense & playing Ravi Shankar.

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  2. Trap 'em and release far from my home

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  3. Sight in my custom Ruger 10/22 and give 'em the what-fer!

9 vote(s)
    28.1%
  4. Wear camo, face paint, and sight in the AR-15 and really go nuts.

13 vote(s)
    40.6%
  5. Call Kessler and Buckwild. Between the two of them, they KNOW how to handle critters.

8 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

I've got gophers in my yard now, living under my utility shed. I suppose they moved in to compliment the moles burrowing tunnels. So now I'm polling the all-knowing beeb to determine what to do about 'em.

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

explosives and a video camera

3. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

call this guy...

[​IMG]

4. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

55 gallons of diesel and a torch?

5. limy_1

limy_1 Crash Starter

:up:

6. Glenn Foster

Glenn Foster Well-Known Member

7. Smoke Bombs will cause them to exit from under or out of any hole. Then you sit back with your shotgun and put'em down.:D:up:

8. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

A large caliber, high powered varmint rifle will turn them inside out. Be sure to take video.
    If that makes you queasy, poison peanuts will work.

9. bo1142

bo1142 Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Kill one and display it to the others as an example

10. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

Jay, kill only the ones that don't dance :D

[​IMG]

11. bel-biv

bel-biv Well-Known Member

12. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man, free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case my enemy is a varmint. And a varmint will never quit - ever. They're like the Viet Cong - Varmint Cong. So you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower. And that's all she wrote."

13. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

i can't speak for Jay, but I'd be in trouble when it came to that superior intelligence part.

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

AR+frangibles.

15. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

"excuse me if I am wrong, but if I kill all the golfers, they are going to lock me up and throw away the key".

16. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

"So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-galunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice. " -Carl

17. runfromme

runfromme Well-Known Member

largest caliber you have access to + video camera + youtube = :D

18. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

I voted for the phone-a-friend option. could not be a better resolve than a 12 of yuengling, a camera, and buckwild with a broom....guns would just take the fun out of it.

19. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

"Oh, GOPHERS. We can do that. We don't even need a reason."

20. AndyR1

AndyR1 Well-Known Member

Let some snakes loose in your back yard.