1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cigarette prices goin up AGAIN

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by stalemate27, Mar 31, 2009.

1. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Good for you both! :up:

Some good info, commiseration, etc. in my own thread of misery.

2. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Looks like I picked a bad week to start smoking.
    [​IMG]

3. Daekwan

Daekwan Ant Gobert's fav. rider..

NYC is going up to almost $12 bucks including tax.. its in the new budget

4. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

I quit 4 years ago, but with these prices I am considering starting back up. I know it will be a financial strain, but with prices like that it wont take long for cigarettes to become the new rich guy status symbol. Imagine the chicks you could pull just by letting them see you choke down a pack in the local bar?

5. Daekwan

Daekwan Ant Gobert's fav. rider..

Even better.. she'd prolly already expect to be giving it up that night if you lend her a smoke.

6. MrWheeler

MrWheeler Well-Known Member

Prison bitches will be going for one carton instead of two.......he who controls the cigarettes controls the universe.

7. Czolgosz

Czolgosz Banned

Opportunity is ripe for a home grown black market. There's money to be made.

8. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

LOL, don't get out much, eh? :D Only problem is you'll have Uncle Vito to answer to if you plan on entering that business. They don't like to franchise.

9. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

Rojos on that side of town, Winstons on this. A man could make money in a town like this...

10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Well at least tobacco farmers won't worry about their crop being phased out and losing their farms and all they've worked for.

Uhh, wait a sec.

11. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

They got paid.

12. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

They export cigarettes. Lots of 'em.

13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

14. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

i've been thinking for the last year or two i should quit, this might do it, or at least cut back alot, when enough people quit, i guess they will find something else to tax the hell out of, you'll never see a tax like this on alcohol, too many politicians are drunks, i dont think many smoke though

15. limy_1

limy_1 Crash Starter

Blue laws along with sin taxes suck.

Sin taxes & the lottery hit the po more than anyone else.
    Now welfare and other social programs will be strained even more,
    causing more people to need them.

While I am not po I don't make a fortune, I also smoke.
    Will I see any monetary benefits from the tax, I think not.

16. f4capt

f4capt Zoinks!

So its the high cost that makes some want to quit now but not the fact that they will kill you? Not judging, just asking.

17. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Neither the cost nor the killin'/dying mattered to me, making me slow(er) on the track did.

Seriously.

18. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

19. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

pretty much, i enjoy smoking, i dont chain smoke, less than a pack a day, but i like it, alcohol isnt exactly the greatest for a persons liver but that doesnt stop alot of people either

20. Rippin Griffin

Rippin Griffin Well-Known Member

Ha that must be why Marlboro just sent a bunch more coupons out.

I have a friend who started to roll his own cigarettes not long ago. He said he saves a lot of money that way.