1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rog is out of Fontana also

Discussion in 'General' started by APPI, Mar 16, 2009.

1. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Ahhh... at Barber! Yeah, I remember that now.

Thanks!

2. caferace

caferace No.

Should we prepare a "Welcome Back, TW!" thread? :D

-jim

3. Bad Dog

Bad Dog Well-Known Member

We all wouldn't talk and make up rumours if they would just tell us, :Poke:

Sucks he's not racing, that's gotta be so hard for him, :down:

4. BHakalaw

BHakalaw Well-Known Member

Making up rumors and defaming someone are two completly different things.

Now, making up a rumor that defames someone....well....

5. IClark22

IClark22 Well-Known Member

The doping stuff is a little ridiculous. Although, I'd probably be on dope too if I was in the shape Rog was last summer. It's one thing to here about his injuries, but to see one of the toughest guys I know limping around in person using a walker or crutches is another. I think Rog respects his career and family a little more than to pull something stupid and risk it all by doping.

I previously posted general info not trying to pry into Rog's life. I've known Rog for awhile and what ever he is dealing with now is of a serious nature obviously. He LOVES what he does for a living and is humble about it. I worked on all the Hayden's road bicycles when they are in the 'boro over the the last few years until I started focusing more on school and left the shop. Rog has always been super cool with me at the shop, on road bike rides, working out at the gym with him, or sharing a Corona in a local bar. Awesome down to earth guy, same with Nick and Tom. I hate to hear people trying to bring down a guy like him, he doesn't deserve it. He's good for the sport.

With that said, I'm not going to bring up this situation any more. I'm sure Rog doesn't want to be sitting out these races any more than we miss seeing him race. I look forward to seeing him back out there soon and will be cheering him on as much as before.

6. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

this was on roadracing world this mornng, i wonder what forum they got this from?

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=35869

7. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Until we hear it straight from the source, wild rumors will be rampant. Even after we hear it straight from the source, there will still be rumors to the contrary. Its only human nature.

8. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

In the future, post the direct link. Even quoting the article and siting the source doesn't cut it for copyright stuff. Just FYI so you don't get hammered down... Also, it was touched n in theprevious page.

9. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

I think all of them were hurt at some point last year. RLH was hurt at Daytona and then again at Barber. Tommy was the victim of the first lap incident in the supersport race at Infineon, and Nicky missed a few races because of his X-games injury.

10. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Actually quoting and citing is proper as long as the proper information is provided. I agree that linking the article is better, but from a legal standpoint, the referenced post falls into 'fair use.'

11. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Geez, Dave, now the next yahoo who scans and posts a 12-page original, copyrighted article on some site will claim "fair use." Oh, wait. Somebody already did that, and it didn't work out for them.

12. RogerE

RogerE Member

There is absolutely no truth to the vicious rumor that Roger Lee Hayden was tested by the AMA for anything at the Fontana team test.

This rider deserves to be left alone and given the freedom to return when he is ready.

We can all enjoy this sport to a higher degree if we focus our attention on those who are here and stop worrying so much about those who are not.

We can also do better if we stop attributing the worst motives and behavior to people we don't even know. I hate to think of prospective sponsors reading the things we say about each other on this and other boards.

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

First time in my life that I can say this but, Roger E is right.

14. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

Dave, I know that hurt, but I'm proud of you.

15. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Very nice Roger. :up:

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

F@%k off chick car driver. I hope your penis falls off and drops off into a port-o-john. :D

17. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

just handed the keys to a dude who's probably gonna buy it...getting it inspected, etc.

18. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Usually it just falls into John!

19. owndjoo

owndjoo muthapucka

i hope that it's not true that Rog is ready and kawasaki is not letting him ride. That's what the article seems to be saying... The kid seems to be ready and wants on the bike.... i guess we'll see what happens

20. G 97

G 97 Garth

MMMMM, I love this for breakfast. :beer: