1st Track Day - Cherry Popped

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by fairing lurker, Jan 4, 2009.

1. fairing lurker

fairing lurker Well-Known Member

california superbike school

Yes I had planned on last year but had not done a track day yet and actually bought the ZX7R so I would have something closer to the 6R's they use but those are a step beyond this heavy phat bike. Had some dialogue with Cobie about the class. I was planning on the 2 day but really wanted to use my bike and the distance is a factor (I will get too spoiled on their bikes). I also wanted to do this after a few track days so I would not be so lost and would be able to make more significant gains with a curriculum like that which looks top notch..

Good suggestion.. it's "in the plan" if I can work the logistics. A premium class and definitely want to have Code's experience to help me.

Regards,

2. metallic5spd

metallic5spd McLovin

sorry for the late post. they mount by using a suction cup or double side tape bracket. the suction cup will work at 150+ speed. we have one left in stock!!! 419-332-9902. ask for parts!! anyone in there can help you!!!!! you will get the price is its still left. next day open i tuesday 9am - 7pm. my name is greg and i get in after 3 o clock. we take Credit Card over the phone!!

www.goprocamera.com

its the hero wide

3. DLSGAP

DLSGAP Addicted to Track

I miss my zx7...
    I was supposed to go to a couple of the member days out at ECR but couldnt get off work for them.
    i'm heading to houston this weekend for ridesmart.. like you said... sometimes they get a little crowded... but I've yet to pay for a day with them so I can't complain much

4. cujo

cujo Well-Known Member

congrats:beer:

5. fairing lurker

fairing lurker Well-Known Member

Enjoy Houston ! Not too crowded if you are in front ;-) They run a good program it's just a lot of bikes. ECR member days are the bomb.. last two times I did that (one with instruction from Ty) had 7 sessions at around 20 minutes each. By the end of the day my legs were jelly from slinging around 450lbs that much. Great thing is the cars go in between the bike sessions so there is always a lot of great rubber on the cement out there.

ECR is a favorite but I will always have a soft spot for Oakhill. See you out sometime - heading to Arkansas this weekend on the 7r (trailering it up there so I can spend my time on the fun roads instead of getting there). I'm kind of at the point that either it is the track or Arkansas or not at all. I'm going with the Motopia team and we are going to field an endurance team at some point. The TSBA folks are going up there too - going to be an interesting weekend. Hope there is not a lot of sand on the road since it was freezing and snowing up there so recently but it is going to be north of 70 degrees this Saturday!

Regards,