1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which motard to roadrace?

Discussion in 'General' started by Scotty87, Feb 1, 2009.

1. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

We have A great dealer that supports racing the Aprilia's. With out Interstate Cycle we could not do as well as we do. The support from Aprilia along with the rest of the people is A huge help also.
    Racing is about getting the best out of your equipment and having talented riders to get to the front. Sorry but just parking them in the shop between races isnt our style..they is always something to improve or tweak on to find an edge Our bikes will never be perfect because there is always somthing we can try to get them to go faster.
    Its like this, No matter what we race we will always strive to make it #1

Hows the young one doing

Best
    Ab

2. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

You want to race a supermoto and you dont want to wrench in between races? Is someone making an electric bike?

With whats available that is competitive today...................good luck!

3. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

No doubt. Looks like I'm gonna run the 610 as a fun street bike and try to pick up a 525smr at a fire sale price to race along with my GS.

4. R Hood

R Hood Go NG Bulldogs

You forgot to mention those Italian cams in the 450......

5. TheJames

TheJames Feelin lucky?

ah i was just messin with you about ccs man. i've done a few rounds with them. i don't race or own an aprilia. i do race my motard occasionally. its an rmz, but its not really set up and its been collecting dust for a while. i just really like the design of the prillers. v-twin, nice components, and sexy as hell to boot. i guess i'm a fan of the design

6. Heartsofoak441

Heartsofoak441 Zip Tie Alley

:up:

Im with you, Fear has kept me from buying one.

7. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

She's doin' great, thanks for asking. Every day is a new day, and she's got 'Daddy' down (Catherine is bummed 'Mommy' wasn't first).

And good morning (6:46 AM and a 5 AM feeding).

8. Silo Pete

I know, I might as well grid up with a big-wheel. I would just need to replace the pedals and that spring-thing on the back.
    :p

9. Silo Pete

Hey, if we are all posting up photos....

Attached Files:

10. loudes13

loudes13 Well-Known Member

ktm's, is it possible to swap the 690 LC4 into the ktm 525's?

I would love to have a triple duty (street/trackday/rare race) 690SMC, but even used ones are pretty pricey. So what about the 60hp and reliable LC4 in one of the older, cheaper motards???

11. Silo Pete

I got 58hp with just a crab swap, pipe and airbox mod on my old LC4. The new 690 will make 58 stock, and 64 with a pipe, pipe, remap and airbox removal.

12. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

So what's with this whole Ape 550 "orange seal" motor blowing coolant into the oil issue...(as opposed to the black seal) If I have a line on an 07 should I really hold out for the newer one instead? I have overcome the "fear" of pulling the trigger on a 550 and I do NOT mind being proactive on the maintenance. Thoughts?

13. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

I have a dyno run scheduled for Saturday on my 2008 smr450. I'll post the results.

14. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Ran the SMR450 on the dyno today and got 51.6hp at 33.6 foot pounds that is with filter and pipe.

15. FatFarthing

FatFarthing Guest

you have to plan to rebuild the 450 and the 550 motors every year or so. they're just wound too tight. the '08 are a little better...but still...it is the consensus for sure.

16. shakenbake

shakenbake Looking for my Burrow Owl

I wish I would have seen this sooner. I have an 06 Husky 450 for sale.. Fully set up. Everything has been done, even has Marchesini's on it. And I live in NKY, would have been an easy sale

17. shakenbake

shakenbake Looking for my Burrow Owl

Ahh, Nevermind. You weren't the one looking to buy.

Anyway, bike is for sale. It's got to go, I been collecting Duc over the last 10 months, so the Husky has gotta go