STT and WERA

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by 2Fer, Jan 29, 2009.

1. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

I know last year it was posted that if we had our WERA license, that we could do STT days without a STT membership, is this still in effect?

2. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

for everyone except you! Monte dont like trouble makers from SC

3. kiggy74

kiggy74 As useful as an...

Only select dates, and usually Fridays before WERA weekends at the same track. I think there's at least one date like this at Grattan.

4. I didnt know this. I would like some clarification also because i like to book my TD's way in advance.

5. RuthlessOne

RuthlessOne Active Member

It's only an annual fee of $35... plus you get a fancy T-Shirt and some useful Tire coupons to boot, what more can you ask for?

6. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

7. Yeah, good point...and i am friends with most of the instructors etc. STT is a great group. If i didnt pay the membership i would just end up giving/donating the money to them some other way so i might as well just go ahead and pay it so i can book my TD's.

I don't use the tire coupons but the shirt is pretty cool.

8. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Coupons are only useful if you run Michelins

9. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Two dates at Grattan. Might be others...we'll post up a few dates where the WERA peeps get the membership req waived.

BTW, we're also going active Military 10% discount.

10. vrooomr6

vrooomr6 Will work for tires

That military discount is a stand up thing to do :up:
    I really admire it when companies with a high service member customer base do things like that :beer:

11. vrooomr6

vrooomr6 Will work for tires

And damn that bluegrass date in April is already getting full! I'm glad I got in early on that one.

12. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

How about an improved program with WERA for STT members? Added visibility and more incentives for trackday guys/gals to come out and get their race license ...

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We do a deal for STT members for their first license.

14. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Right, I was aware of that. Do you know if it's been working?

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Dunno, I think Evelyne has been sort of keeping track but I haven't asked.

16. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Cool. Monte's days are always full .. it would have to be of benefit to you and Evelyne to bring more trackday riders into the racing scene. I think most trackday riders are intimidated by it more than anything.

17. kiggy74

kiggy74 As useful as an...

Ha! I can't imagine why... as a certain Eddie Kraft comes busting by me like I'm standing still at an STT track day at Mid Ohio last year.:up:

18. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

It was a clean pass, right? :)

Really though. In just talking with trackday guys/gals, the thought of racing to them seems like such a big jump up, when in reality - they are far more competitive than they realize - solely because they have all this track experience. I did one trackday (maybe two) before my first race.

You could take a good handful of the people in the advanced group, give them a race number and they would have a blast (and definitely not be finishing last) in their first race. With all the trackday riders that exist, I'd be giving away free races just to get them to try it out and see what it's all about. Plus, it all comes back full circle as those same racers want track time to go faster - so that benefits STT. I think the WERA/STT relationship has a bunch of untapped potential.

19. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

WERA also gives NESBA members a deal on first time WERA membership

even then lots of trackday only folk are intimidated to start racing....

20. Freddy

Freddy Well-Known Member

Can someone give me some details of this 1st time WERA liscense deal for NESBA and STT members? How much?