Need opinions/feedback on Touringsport BMW/Ducati

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, Jan 27, 2009.

1. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Thinking about buying a race bike and street bike from them but have recently heard not so favorable things about them. Wondering if it was a fluke or is there something I should know. Feedback please.. or PM me if you prefer it be out of public view...

Thanks in advance

2. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

If it is a duc you are looking for, why go all the way to North Carolina, when you can go to Athens, GA to a Ducati shop that has Vic Fasola as their main tuner?

3. Critter

Critter Registered

I have known "Fast" frank shockley there for almost 8 years. every piece of equipment I have ever seen him on has been clean. I don't ever remember those guys having too many problems with thier stuff. Frank always seems to run a tight ship. I think you should be good to go there.

4. notbostrom

NPR is always my first choice in fact I had my Monster there last week but they don't have the bikes i'm looking for in stock....:(

5. Cliff0529

Cliff0529 Well-Known Member

Have you called Paul and see if he can get it in for you? He can normally have bikes shipped to him pretty quickly if they're readily available somewhere. :)

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd send you to Paul first of course but Frank and the guys are good too. Never heard bad things about them.

7. notbostrom

not sure how he could "order" an 05 999 and a 1000SS race bike but wish he could

8. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I've bought 2 Aprilia's and 3 BMW's from them. Sorry, no Ducati's (yet). I've known Frank since 1992 when the shop was pretty much a one man show. I've had no issues with them and highly recommend going there. Travis is the Ducati tech and he definitely knows his stuff. I say buy with confidence.

9. mikek

mikek Well-Known Member

BMW and Ducati street riders that I know typically consider Touring Sport to be the BEST dealer to deal with in this area.

10. Cliff0529

Cliff0529 Well-Known Member

Sorry, you made it sound as though you were looking for a new bike when you said he didn't have it in the showroom. :up:

11. cattitori

cattitori Code SuperBike Galactic *

If that is what you are seriously wanting to order send me a PM..

12. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

I have Frank's old 2001 Mille 'Superbike' in the shop and have maintained it for a customer for 5 years and it is well sorted and reliable. Frank is always helpful if I need anything. Highly recommended.

13. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

Not sure what you heard but TS have never been anything but good to me. Always treated me like someone instead of "just a customer". Frank got me into racing and helped me out tremendously with every aspect of it. As far as the dealership as a whole I think they are the best. From Joey at the parts counter to Travis and the guys in back....never found fault with any of them. Any of them bastids would be welcomed at my house. :D Course I might be biased in all this cause Frank's my diddy.:moon:

14. kevincg

kevincg Well-Known Member

+1 for Frank and Touring Sport. They are a great dealership to deal with. Many of the guys there are racers, and they are all good folks to know. There shop has an excellent reputation for both sales and service.

Franks bikes are top notch. I have know him for a long time and raced along side him for a short while. He takes excellent care of his machines. If I were in the market for a bike, I would always consider his stuff first as you know it is sorted out. The SS1000 racer is a great deal. I wish I were able to jump on it myself. This will make a great racer or track day ride.

Best of luck with the purchase(s).

15. BMWIVAN

BMWIVAN Stick wanna-be

+1, great service dept., great parts dept., and run by a long time racer. What more do you want?

I've been in the industry for a long time and seen lots and lots of shops in my previous sales jobs, and these guys are right up there with the best.

16. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

I have known Frank for a few years now, good guy, I would not hesitate buying a bike or anything else from him.

17. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

I do not kow the guys at TS, but one of my clients bought one of their retired Mille R racebikes a year and a half ago. He brought it to me for some race prep work, and when I called them for some information, they bent over backward to help me keep the guy going, offered a nice discount for parts, delivered the parts in a timely fashion and acted professional in every way.

I'd recomend them.

18. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member

19. T-Roc

T-Roc Well-Known Member

i highly recommend touringsport they are very good to deal with. i bought an sxv from them and my engine blew, and they replaced it for me under warranty. they had a service writer that was an idiot but i think they fired him.