1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digital/dual temp v. Standard/constant temp warmers???

Discussion in 'Tech' started by JCP636, Jan 20, 2009.

1. JCP636

JCP636 Well-Known Member

How much of an advantage is it to have dual temp or digital warmers over the standard single temp warmers. I've found some great deals on standard ones but really wanted a digital/dual temp. I've never used warmers before and am a borderline I-A rider, hopefully picking up the pace quite a bit this year.

2. Ryan Nelson

Ryan Nelson Well-Known Member

My opinion is worth what you paid, but I'd go cheap.

Get the tires hot and get on out there. Whether the tire is 165 or 180 and the end of the first lap they will be the same temp. It makes a difference for ama racers and such but for us mere mortals its cutting hairs IMO.

3. YZROOSTINYA

YZROOSTINYA Well-Known Member

the dual temp ones aloow the use of some rain tires or adjust, along with each brand might call for 170, another 180...

If your not making record pace it dont matter. plug em in for 45 mins and have fun.

4. JCP636

JCP636 Well-Known Member

Cool what about lunch time. Leave them baking over lunch or turn em off???

5. natedogg624

natedogg624 Well-Known Member

bake them

6. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

uhh....wrong answer.

7. JCP636

JCP636 Well-Known Member

ok so turn the warmers off???

8. cobes

cobes Well-Known Member

Well leave them on if lunch is 45 minutes long and you're out right after lunch and it's not ridiculously hot outside. Just kidding but generally turn them off except for the above scenario

9. JCP636

JCP636 Well-Known Member

and then back on 45 min before im back out, i guess right?? Thanks a lot.

10. lrrs517

lrrs517 Internet Investigative Officer

Should they be turned over once? What about supper?

11. snikwad

snikwad Well-Known Member

how long does the standard CH warmer typically take to get up to temp, 1st thing in tha AM?

and should what is the harm in leaving them on during lunch, will they exceed their temp rang, or just heat soak really good?

12. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

I have no problems just leaving my warmers on. Doesn't hurt the tires.

13. YZROOSTINYA

45 mins to heat the tire/rim

turn off at lunch then back on 45 mins before you go out

14. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Just how long is lunch?

15. kan3

kan3 Well-Known Member

If he isn't in the first group going out after lunch he could be sitting there for an hour and a half before his group is up

Wouldn't a dual temp on low also allow you to warm up tires like PP, 2CT, etc on cold mornings?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  16. snikwad

so lunch is an hour, and im the 2nd group out, so cut em off after i get in, and leave em on, then about 15 till the top of the hour, turn them back on, since they wont be as cold heating them back up.

Is that good?

17. YZROOSTINYA

if your the second group out that gives you 20 mins before lunch, lunch is one hour plus another twenty before your session.

so 1 hour 40 mins there cooking.

What I do is come back in , throw the warmers on UNPLUGGED.

Then pull them of after 15 mins. let then sit till I have 45 mins left, check my pressures. plug them back in for 45 mins and go back out.

18. snikwad

sounds good. thanks guys