1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bazzaz or pc 5 ?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by soxxerms, Dec 29, 2008.

?

which u prefer and why ?

1. bazzaz

67.7%
  2. pc 5

32.3%
  1. soxxerms

soxxerms no chckn strips 4 sale

i have no idea about this new bazzaz thing ? anyone using it and like it ? but also hearing that the new pc 5 is suppose to be the bomb on extras for ignition timing adjustments, fuel, etc
    just seeing what you guys or gals think.
    i also understand from another forum bazzaz will not work on anything under 2006
    not sure what the new pc 5 will work on or with.

2. Captain Squid

Captain Squid Well-Known Member

I've got the Bazzaz Z-fi ans AFM mapper, love it!

Super easy to use, installs just like a PC. Hardest thing was finding someone to weld a bigger bung in my Akra. Software is a breeze to get it to start tuning.

PC 5 is 2009+ only from what I hear

3. Dr. GoFast

Dr. GoFast Well-Known Member

the PC-5 is gonna take the world by storm from what i've heard. it'll do everything bazzaz does and more. finally, it will offer 8 connectors for dual stage fuel injection (instead of the previous 4). it will self-tune on the fly so you don't have to input it's "suggestions" like with the bazzaz, and it will also offer timing adjustments for fueling etc... basically it's gonna do everything you'd ever want an a/f controller to do. it will also be competitively priced.

4. pr0clivity

pr0clivity Well-Known Member

what about nemesis?

5. Captain Squid

I don't think I would like the "on the fly", what if something went south, then it would try to auto compensate for it and fvck something up royally

6. Dr. GoFast

yea, well, i'm not talking about things malfunctioning. i'm talking about how they're supposed to function. if anything malfunctions it can f something up royally. auto-tuning, on the fly is the technology of the premier racing organizations of the world (moto GP, F1, etc...). imagine inputting a 13.5:1 a/f ratio and the computer figuring out how to accomplish that in real time in every environment at every rpm with whatever mods you throw at it. that's awesome. frees up a lot of time for doing other things beside inputting data during a race weekend as well.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
  7. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

How can I vote for something that doesn't exist?

8. mpp12

mpp12 Well-Known Member

sunshine gave the correct answer.

Today the only ones are AFR (mottys) and Bazzas.

9. Kaine

Kaine Well-Known Member

Either way I am intrigued by what the PC5 may offer and I damn sure can't afford the Bazzas.

10. lonewrench

lonewrench Mr.Charles

pc5 ships on monday, it wont have ignition timing although one will be offered shortly and it does not control all 8 injectors,not now anyway,but soon there will be an option for it. you will on the other hand be able to burn a map in each gear on each cylinder so it should be pretty good to start out.:up:

11. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

So the PC5 spoken about earlier doesn't exist. So I give the same answer. :)

Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
  12. mpp12

mpp12 Well-Known Member

you will still need the ignition module in gsxr....

13. Captain Squid

Things malfunction, that's a fact of life. I just prefer the Bazzaz where it logs changes, then asks if I want to change them. All you have to do is set the Bazzaz for whatever AFR you want and it gets there. So what if you have to click a mouse 4 times to have a new map, much better than something auto messing up before you have a chance to fix it :up:
    Well if you want just the Bazzaz Z-fi and AFM mapper, it's about $550 which is the same for a PC and 1 dyno tune, for 1 map, 1 time. I'm sure the PC5 is gonna be more than the Bazzaz stuff. Now if you want a QS and TC then yeah it'll be more expensive

14. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

i voted Bazzaz mainly because we work with them a lot and they are extremely supportive. DJ is as well with one guy (he knows who he is) and that guy does AMAZING job for DJ, however cant always get him due to being busy. Also, i personally have not played with the PC5 yet. We have a few here, but none installed yet. Time will tell. For now, i prefer the BPD support/8 injector control/etc. However after we play with the DJ PC5 we might change minds???

To be 100% honest, you cant go wrong with either! Both do a great job and your really picking between two great products. Find what you like price wise and support wise, and what your shop/tuner prefers to work with.

15. ed who?

how do you justify your response?? the PC5 is msrp of $369.95 and Bazzaz Zfi is $399.95. Is $30 bucks that big of a deal that someone cant "damn afford" something? :confused:

If you want a set up with a quickshifter the BPD set up is $850 where as the DJ set up (PCIII, Ign Mod, QS, Rod) is @$1,008 so actually BPD is cheaper than the DJ set up. Sure BPD does not do the Ignition timing, but it (over the PCIII) allows INDIVIDUAL gear kill(big + imo), map/gear offsetting (very big + on a new GSXR), and the ability to have two maps in it/switchable(nice for trackday/practice pump map, then race map for race gas)

Just saying both are great, but i dont see how/why one is any more expensive than the other personally.

16. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

Crazy question - but can you tune a Bazzaz on a DJ Dyno? I'm assuming you can if the software is bought. And if so, how much is the software?

Seems like everyshop around me has a DJ Dyno and they can't tune a Bazzaz.

17. Dr. GoFast

^^ that's why you get the a/f module so you can tune it yourself (the big advantage to having bazzaz in the first place)

18. ed who?

Rollie...yes of course. We tune DJ, BPD, EmPro, HRC, YEC, KRT, RapidBike, Techlusion, Nemesis, and even Flatslides on our DJ250i dyno.

Dr. GoFast the AFM kit is excellent for guys without a dyno or good tuner. Personally we have done well over 100 BPD systems and only 2 were with the AFM kit. Personally i still prefer to make my maps the old fashioned way. PLUS some bikes/tunes i prefer to run different Air Fuel Ratios at different throttle positions, or taper the AFR up or down the RPM range depending on fuel type, build type, track, rider preference etc. You can have a ton of fun and really fine tune the BPD and the DJ setups so long as you know what you want.

:cheers:

19. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

Sweet!! After going through 2 Powercommanders on my bike this season - my next bike will be equiped with the Bazzaz unit! :up:

20. davetlr

davetlr Well-Known Member

The PC5 is gonna be awesome but only gonna be for 2009 models. I can't wait to get my hands on one to tune.

I was skeptical about the bazzaz units but I have recently tuned 3 bikes with no problems so no complaints.

Dynojet has had there share of problems for sure and bazzaz has and both units will continue to.

Dynojet has adjustable ignition timing which is free horsepower in my book.

But I am not a household name either so flame on.

My opinion:

Dynojet creates more power via ignition timing

Bazaaz is the shit because KWS ans EDR use it :D