1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very Used Moose For Sale

Discussion in 'General' started by Moose, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Moose

Moose Well-Known Member

It does and its 14 years deep.

2. yetidave

yetidave Well-Known Member

Well I feel a lot better about jumping to 'Stones next year.

Best wishes Moose and T, your level of commitment amazed me at every race weekend. Truly 2nd to none.

3. Christian157

Christian157 Well-Known Member

After 13 seasons of running pirellis I am disgusted with pirellis direction to say the least. From the last two years of not being paid a single dollar for the contingency I won, lied to on several occasions by pirelli reps., promised solutions to their miserable website issues and now witness to their dumping the support team that was the only reason I stuck with their brand for so long. Its time to move on to another tire brand. As this is a hobby of mine and not a job I will likely follow Moose and Theresa to their next endeavor if its in Club racing. Its not that I am brand loyal that kept me running pirellis for years (I ran michelins, metzler comp Ks, and old dunlops in the pre-radial days) It is the familiar friendly faces I return to year after year when the next generations of racers replace a lot of my old friends. They make me feel like a part of a bigger racing fraternity and that is what has kept me in this sport going on almost 20 years now. I am sure that they would see me through to the best of my potential on whatever brand tire they sell offering their expert advice and effort to which I have simply been spoiled. I can recall several occasions where I influenced younger racers to switch by merely pointing them towards Moose and telling them to see for themselves the difference between trackside and the other tire crews, how he would take care of each and every racer, taking time to explain the dynamics of tires or whatever else that person needed to know to improve their laptimes on his tires be it tire pressures or warm up times with tirewarmers while people running other brands had to fend from themselves or seek advice from competitors for optimal settings. I hope to see them again in 2009 and if they are still in the tire business it will weigh heavily on my decision to choose one tire brand over the others. Sincerely, Christian V. Smith

4. cannonballcobb

cannonballcobb Registered Offender

I remember doing exactly that 8 years ago, and by no means was I angry with you Moose.

You're good people Moose, look forward to seeing you at the track in '09.

5. Harry V. III

Harry V. III Well-Known Member

This brings back memories - for you old enough to remember

my very good friend - Phil Flack and Dunlop.........nuf said

Last edited: Dec 16, 2008
  6. TRACSIDMOM

TRACSIDMOM Well-Known Member

Harry Phil talked about you alot. I worked for his first 2 1/2 yrs and at every Daytona After that. My friend Lee that works for Suzuki Motocross also. Winter 90 Jim Allen called me looking for Lee, wanted him to work at the Gp's he did'm 91-92 I went 93-94. When I left home for the 93 season Phil was still the man,When I came home and called to see if i could wok the roc he was gone.........95 was when I started Trackside Racers Supply . As a matter of fact I owe Phil,Bru And Jim Allen,how ironic is that. JeffJohnston is responsibil for recruiting me to M------P------.My first several seasons I also sold Michelin for Walt Thanks to walt to. Those were the days. # sales used to pay my fuel bill every week, the first - yrs parts sales kept me in the tire bus. I used to hold Racers math class every Saturday morning each.Hey Moose How much are the #'s " ? Dollar each." Igot 6 how much do I owe you"
    Life was alot simpler in those days. Just me and a box truck, working 30-5 events a year.

7. Moose

Moose Well-Known Member

Forgot I was using Theresa's lap top....

8. Shannon Huffman

Shannon Huffman Well-Known Member

bummed ......

I haven't been at the track nearly as much in the past 3 years as I used to (a new house payment, marriage, and a new baby will do that) but I have nothing but praise for Moose and his gang. Even though I have been doing maybe 2 events per year the past couple of seasons it has always been nice to stop in at the Trackside tent and chat a while with Moose and get my crappy scuffs mounted. Always friendly, always a good story to tell, and plenty of good advice when needed. I've been dealing with Moose since 2000 after my first season on Dunlops and up until this point I wouldn't have even thought of going anywhere else. If Moose isn't at VIR in March (if I can afford to go), the paddock just won't be the same.

Good luck big guy, I wish you and Theresa the best ..... and I really mean that. You guys are 1st class!

Drop me a line anytime you want to hit some back roads in western NC ..... I'm only an hour away in Hickory ... [email protected]

- Shannon

9. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Don't forget the amount of time you had to put into trying not to kill me.

10. holeman99

holeman99 Well-Known Member

it seems that they have had a track record of letting good people go. I never thought they would go this far. Moose and trackside racer supply was the face of pirelli, in north american motorcycle racing. If it was not for the efforts of Moose and his crew to provide a level of service above and beyond anyone else, I do not believe pirelli would have seen the level of success in ama and club racing. I for one would not be where I am today with out Moose and Trackside's support. Moose, Theresa I wish you and your crew only the best and I believe you will be successful in anything you choose to do.

11. R Hood

R Hood Go NG Bulldogs

The loyalty was with Moose/Theresa not with Pirelli. Pirelli corporate peeps that I have dealt with are worthless.

12. racer919

racer919 Still slow...

+1

13. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

Hey....You forgot me in there at phils deal....around 1986.....when you had 2 broken toes..:D

Aaron

14. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

He didn't forget, he's trying to block it out. You probably broke the toes

15. skip salenius

skip salenius Well-Known Member

there's also 3 sides to every story..........just keep that in mind.