1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WSB 2009 champion will be ???

Discussion in 'General' started by stalemate27, Nov 20, 2008.

1. BarryG

BarryG Well-Known Member

Haga was pretty useful on the Duc his first time around, and with Ducati's team machine in place, I think they'll look after him the way he needs and 2009 will be his year for a title. By a whisker from Checa and Kiyonari, Ben, Corser, Neukirchner, Biaggi - it'll come down to high finishes, as I think the wins will likely be spread around a bit more next year.
    One thing's for sure, the depth of the field will make for some stirring stuff. WSB seem to have the mix right for that.

Cheers
    Barry

2. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

I think Haga will win it but I think Ben will win a few races and be 2nd or 3rd in the championship.

3. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

My vote says it will be between Haga and Spies.

4. J_fuggin_T

J_fuggin_T Banned

+1 he was within 6 tenths of a second of bayliss' time at port on his test run on the new r1 & it was his first time on the track :up:

that being said i think Haga or checa will win it this year w/ spies to clean up in 2010 (just a guess :D )

5. kubricky

kubricky Well-Known Member

I'd like to see Max (neukirchner) pull it off to...at least of the Max's, but I think Haga has a chance and he deserves it.

6. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

I can't decide...I think Haga and Spies will duke it out.

7. jmanley

jmanley Well-Known Member

If Ben continues to be as consistent as he has been in the AMA, it won't even be close. Haga is too inconsistent and has too many DNF's and empty weekends. If Ben has zero DNF's he'll walk away with the title.

8. jmanley

jmanley Well-Known Member

Ben's consistency still amazes me. especially turning his ridiculously fast lap times.

9. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

:stupid: I just wanna see Paul Denning kick himself in his ass with the other foot after Ben pulls it off. :D

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

11. amafan

amafan Banned

12. davetlr

davetlr Well-Known Member

So I see you read the tech section as well:D

13. otistillman

otistillman Well-Known Member

I agree totally. WSB is definetely about consistency. In 2007 when JT was leading the first half of the season; then Bayliss started being more consistent, he gave James a run for his money. Spies has already adjusted to the bike, plus he's got Houseworth. That's big. And at that level, learning tracks is nothing for those guys. Scott Jensen had a quote about how WSB learned Miller in like a lap or two. It still remains to be seen how Haga will adjust to the duc and new team. I think Ben is gonna train harder; Houseworth is gonna help with team as far as set up/consistency. BMW, Aprillia are gonna have a "developement year" and I don't think Ten Kate is gonna be able to be as consistent. My vote is with Ben followed by Haga.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2008
  14. amafan

amafan Banned

I was told American Suzuki is still not on board with the DMG plan for next year and the factory team will not be at the Daytona tire test in 2 weeks. The Mic series seems dead and if they do not want to race in the AMA next year racing in the WSBK would be great press and their sponsors might want the press.

15. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

Spies had to be consistent, and fast here in the US. Only way to beat Mladin. I think that any racer that learns to run with, and then beat Mladin, can easily accel at the world level. Guess we will find out for sure next year.

16. apriliastallion

apriliastallion Well-Known Member

id like to see fabrizio .. he was a little inconsistent but ended up right behind bayliss a few times....slow starter but was good later in the race...and he is on a factory bike always a benefit...

17. dashow1173

dashow1173 Well-Known Member

Definitely Haga. Spies will do well but it won't be enough to be beat Haga.

18. Chris13

Chris13 Which lever is the Brake?

Haga
    Byrne
    Spies

19. HotbodiesRacing

HotbodiesRacing Well-Known Member

Suzuki

Not true, they are testing the new GSXR at Daytona.

20. amafan

amafan Banned

Thanks for the informatiion the person that told me they were not testing said that they were not testing because they did not have any 2009 GSXR1000 yet. I posted here before he gave me all the details and I assumed Suzuki was still mad at the DMG so I jumped to the wrong conclusions.