1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More power

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Ted Jr., Nov 20, 2008.

1. Ted Jr.

Ted Jr. Active Member

How can I get some more power out of my 07 gsxr 600. For cheap. U4? what about a different head gasket? I have power commander& quick shifter. full yosh exhaust bmc air filter

2. digger89

digger89 Well-Known Member

Have you called Kriss Angel or Gandalf?

3. prb110

prb110 Well-Known Member

save your money

Your bike is strong enough now to do a full novice season in WERA. Spend your money on seat time and tires. Before you do the cam timing and head milled, do the suspension 1st. You can do some cheap mods to your stock suspension, so don't go putting 25mil ohlins in when you'll never use it. Seat time period.

4. BiZ

BiZ a matter of weight ratios

I've heard good things about Nitros. I'm sure you could get all the power you need with a little NOS. If that's not enough, I'd go to a junk yard and pull a turbo out of an old Dodge Cummins truck. Shouldn't be to hard to graft it in there. Check google, I'm sure someones already tried it. If the NOS and the Turbo ain't enough, I would look into finding an old military J.A.T.O. setup. Or you could just make your own from some old welders Acetylene tanks. If after all that you're still not getting what you need, try finding a large hill and just living on top of it. Every time you go anywhere, you'll always get there quicker if you live on top of a hill.

Unlike these other losers, I'm very good at helping. So let me know if you need any more suggestions. I also have my own crescent wrenches that my mom gave me, and some old duct tape I found out in the bushes if you need any help getting stuff to work.

5. Josh Whitehead

Josh Whitehead Crash Test Dummy

Spend your money on suspension, seat time and tires.

I have seen josh herrin totally school some fast riders on 1000s (1.28-1.29s at Road Atl old turn 12) with his superstock 600. You don't need alot of power to go fast, sometimes less power is better.

6. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

What color is your powerband?

7. brand-o

brand-o Well-Known Member

You guys are cruel.

8. Ted Jr.

Ted Jr. Active Member

Its my first time riding a bike thanks for all your help. I'm jumping right on the turbo & nitros. What about my exhaust bearings should i change those out too

9. The Raven

The Raven will wheelie for boobies

i dont have a sarcastic douche answer to give you , however i would suggest a -1/+2 chain/sprocket kit if you dont use it at as street commuter

10. BiZ

BiZ a matter of weight ratios

That's cuz you're not even trying.

11. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

well if its ur first time riding a bike the last thing you need to worry about is more power

12. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Sar*chasm: [sahr-chaz-uhm] -noun The gap between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

13. prb110

prb110 Well-Known Member

Is this a drag strip forum?

OK. so you're a point and shoot guy that is just beginning to ride. The straight advice above still applies. The last thing you need now is more power. Forget about spending money on the bike and take some lessons. Go watch the experts and try to talk to them. I should say listen to them. You still need to learn technique before you go fast. save your cash.