1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Election lines

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by beechkingd, Nov 5, 2008.

1. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

How long were the lines for you guys? I waited until 10am and had 1 person in front of me, although I live in the country burbs.

2. Blaise

Blaise slow :(

Zero. Walked in, gave them my ID, signed, walked to the machine, and hit vote. Done.

Was in and out in less than 2 minutes.

3. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

I got in line about 10 til 7 and waited about 40 minutes. I was #57 so apparently there were 56 people in front of me.

4. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Early voted (had surgery Monday) and waited an hour. Wife voted yesterday and waited 5 minutes. Friend of hers in voted in the AM at the same polling station and waited an hour.

I think the lines were for people trying to vote before heading to work.

5. Chip

Chip Registered

4 hours and 45 minutes......:down:

6. Hater

Hater Well-Known Member

You had to show ID?

7. klebs01

klebs01 Well-Known Member

I had one person. The polling place across the street had a line around the block. I'm not sure how they draw the precinct lines to get that.

8. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

I was in and out inside of 5 minutes in the morning. My ward had no line and I was #58, There was a quite line in the ward next to mine. Roger got in and out in about 15 minutes in the afternoon, he was #605.

9. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

I live in a small town of 400+/- people... Walked in... Signed my name... Voted... Came out from the voting booth and b/s with the election ladies...
    All in under 10 minutes... :D

10. healthhut

healthhut Expert #18

11. Sig

Sig Well-Known Member

I walked right in and voted. Record early voter turnout really made it easy on election day.

12. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I posted on a (since nuked) thread here on the beeb at 10:24 AM.

I went & got dressed decent for public, drove to my local polling place, voted, drove back, and posted again on the same thread at 10:39.

Not bad.

13. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Took me 5 minutes. And I don't know if I "HAD" to show ID, but they asked me for my license.

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

In some states, yes.

15. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

No I.D. requirement here unless you're a first time voter, otherwise they just compare your signature with the last one recorded.

I had a 20 minute wait yesterday, which was longer then I expected. Then again, during our last election for Governor it was me, a poll worker and some guy hanging out with a cup of coffee at the polling station.

16. paistes5

paistes5 Well-Known Member

Went at about 10 and had 10 to 20 people in front of me, but it moved along pretty fast.

17. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

for the record, I've been registered to vote in my ward for over 20 years. Aside from when I registered when I moved here, I have not had to show ID or sign anything. They have 2 books where they record that you came to vote and assign you a number that indicates you got a ballot.

Wisconsin is one of 9 states where you can register the day of voting. All you need is an ID with your current address, or a utility bill with your current address. Voter fraud has not been an issue in SE Wisconsin.

18. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

My brother just moved to FL and still has a PA drivers license. He was so worried that they would make him do a provisional ballot that he took along every utility bill, credit card statement and his passport for ID.

19. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

seriously chip? that's crazy.....and dedicated. were the lines that long in the last election?

20. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Had similar experience when I lived in Pennsyltucky. Of course, being the guy that coached thier kids in softball and soccer and showed up when they called the cops may have had something to do with my being recognized by the election officials. That and the Judge of Elections was Mrs RD for 10+ years

New place, yeah, I have my license in hand when I get out of the car. It takes the person insisting my last name is spelled wrong too much time to do otherwise.