1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some Indy Moto GP Pics

Discussion in 'General' started by Court Jester, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member

i'll need a better lens for next year...

some okay one, but nothing outstanding

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Court Jester

3. Court Jester

4. caferace

caferace No.

5. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

2T's rule.... as they will always will

6. Moonpie

Moonpie Yo Yo Yo!

Great pics! My tele took a shit weeks before I went to Indy! I took 800 shots and most are deleted already!

7. heavy penny

heavy penny I like to make slide

Cool pics - Anyone know of Nicky has some type of covers over his rotors?

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Looks like CF rotors in the one shot so yep.

9. joec

joec brace yourself

Why covers in the dry, but not the rain? Are they different rotors for rain??

Also, how dramatic of a difference in t.p. is there with rains or in the wet?? Those rains look almost flat.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The rain he's got on iron rotors - the cf need a lot of heat in them before they'll work even on a really hot day they're hard to keep up to temp. I can't see them being even slightly feasible in the rain.

11. joec

joec brace yourself

Sorry for my ignorance, I have no ideas about these things. I always thought the advantage to the ceramic/cf rotors was that they didn't really "heat up", so there was always the same feel. I only ask because the guy across the hall from me has them on his street r1, and ive always been curious about them and how they work. I know after Ive ridden with him, they aren't hot like an iron rotor is.

Those pics are great by the way.

Love that pic of Masbou on his 125!

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ceramic is different than CF. If he's got CF on his street bike my Harley has better brakes :D

13. joec

joec brace yourself

They look look like cf. I figured they were some kind of ceramic coated carbon fibre dealy. Like I said, I have no idea. I thought the real idea behind it was weight, and heat dissipation. I know they are barely warm after he rides the thing. Im assuming they generate a fair amount of heat while hes using them though. Is this something youd not want to ride in the rain with??

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rossthompson/528985886/in/set-72157600340361907/

14. darylbowden

darylbowden Well-Known Member

Wow, I can't believe you managed to snag a pic of Randy DePuniet upright. Good Job, you must've been really paying attention.

15. daniel#78

daniel#78 www.gmteam.pl

Cool pics - Randy DePuniet :bow:

16. Rich SmithMoore

Rich SmithMoore Well-Known Member

Interesting that the Moto-GP guys run deer whistles on the back of their bikes. I thought those had to be mounted up front.:rolleyes: